Discussion Board

Hybrid View

UID NOT assigned to you by Nokia with packed sis

Hi,

Yesterday and today I received the following notification from Ovi QA:
    Dear Publisher,
    Thank you for submitting XXX. Unfortunately the content item and or file did not pass the Ovi Store quality assurance (QA) review process.

Comments from the QA team:
    Dear publisher,

While processing your content we confirmed your application includes a UID NOT assigned to you by Nokia. Our processes for signing content requires the UID displayed in your application to match a UID assigned to you by Nokia. Therefore, we are contacting you as soon as possible to request your assistance in resolving this discrepancy in UID.

In order for Nokia to continue with processing your content for signing, it will need to be repackaged with the UID assigned to you by Nokia and resubmitted as soon as possible.

For more information on "Packaging and Signing your content", please go to the following link for assistance: http://www.forum.Nokia.com/Distribut..._signing.xhtml.

The UID displayed in your application is: 20009A7E (public, Moderation signing in progress -> Qa failed)
    Ok, everything clear. BUT the UID "20009A7E" is from a Nokia signed package (the OpenC/C++ libraries provided and signed by Nokia) which is included in my program's sis-package. This has worked fine until yesterday where I started to get these media failed notifications. First the application was published unsigned which caused a lot of angry users. Now the application has disappeared and is unpublished and not visible to users!
    I am really angry at the moment because the application was reviewed under several relevant websites (one of them is the Ovi application blog...), got a lot of sales and now all links from these sites lead to "Product not available" errors and I get request from users (by email) that they want the app.

Have you faced a similar problem with packaged UIDs?
    H.

Re: UID NOT assigned to you by Nokia with packed sis

Quote Originally Posted by meh.at View Post
    Hi,

Yesterday and today I received the following notification from Ovi QA:

Ok, everything clear. BUT the UID "20009A7E" is from a Nokia signed package (the OpenC/C++ libraries provided and signed by Nokia) which is included in my program's sis-package. This has worked fine until yesterday where I started to get these media failed notifications. First the application was published unsigned which caused a lot of angry users. Now the application has disappeared and is unpublished and not visible to users!
    I am really angry at the moment because the application was reviewed under several relevant websites (one of them is the Ovi application blog...), got a lot of sales and now all links from these sites lead to "Product not available" errors and I get request from users (by email) that they want the app.

Have you faced a similar problem with packaged UIDs?
    H.
    Wow I hope that signing process is made by some kind of software and it's not
    wow Come on NOKIA we are in 50. century We use teleports and spacecrafts in every day life.

Re: UID NOT assigned to you by Nokia with packed sis

Almost 2 weeks passed, application still offline although I contacted publisher support twice (and got an answer on each email). And all of this because of 2 failures from the Ovi team (1: publish unsigned application update, 2: remove application completely from the store instead of just placing the old version online again, or signing the accidently unsigned version).

Result: xxx emails from people asking why the application is offline, xxx EUR revenue loss, ??? people unhappy with Ovi store going to Android or whatever...