Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Nokia Developer Champion

can not build inbuilt Qt Quick Demos with Symbian device Build on new Qt SDK1.1 TP

Hi ,
    i was trying to install some Qt Quick app came with New Qt SDK 1.1 TP and Build giving me this error when i try to install that apps on Nokia N8 device after connecting it to PC.

This two error are coming:
    :-1: error: The make-engine exited with errors.
    :-1: error: Recipe linkandpostlink failed with exit code 1.

I tried to install RSSNEWS and twitter demo app.

Can anybody tell me the solution?

Thanks.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

Re: can not build inbuilt Qt Quick Demos with Symbian device Build on new Qt SDK1.1 T

Hello Chintan,

I'm new to Symbian development and have the same problem. Did you already find a solution?

Best regards
    Michael

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: can not build inbuilt Qt Quick Demos with Symbian device Build on new Qt SDK1.1 T

I just compiled the same example, no problems in it:
    Code:
    Running build steps for project rssnews...
    Starting: "c:\qtsdk\symbian\sdks\symbian3qt471\bin\qmake.exe" C:\QtSDK\Examples\4.7\declarative\demos\rssnews\rssnews.pro -r -spec symbian-sbsv2 -after OBJECTS_DIR=obj MOC_DIR=moc UI_DIR=ui RCC_DIR=rcc QMLJSDEBUGGER_PATH=C:/QtSDK/QtCreator/share/qtcreator/qml/qmljsdebugger
    The process "c:\qtsdk\symbian\sdks\symbian3qt471\bin\qmake.exe" exited normally.
    Starting: "C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt471\epoc32\tools\make.exe" debug-gcce -w
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt471\epoc32\tools\make.exe: Entering directory `C:/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/rssnews'
    sbs -c arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1
     resource   : epoc32\build\rssnews\c_7df2ea9f5e07f5c2\rssnews_exe\rssnews_rssnews.rsc  	[arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1]
     resource   : epoc32\build\rssnews\c_7df2ea9f5e07f5c2\rssnews_reg_exe\rssnews_reg_rssnews_reg.rsc  	[arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1]
     compile    : moc\moc_qmlapplicationviewer.cpp  	[arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1]
    <snip>

compile    : main.cpp  	[arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1]
    <snip>

compile    : qmlapplicationviewer\qmlapplicationviewer.cpp  	[arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1]
    <snip>

target     : epoc32\release\armv5\udeb\rssnews.exe  	[arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1]
       c:/qtsdk/symbian/tools/gcce4/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-symbianelf/4.4.1/../../../../arm-none-symbianelf/bin/ld.exe: warning: C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/release/armv5/udeb/usrt3_1.lib(ucppinit.o) uses variable-size enums yet the output is to use 32-bit enums; use of enum values across objects may fail

sbs : warnings: 4
    sbs : errors: 0

built 'arm.v5.udeb.gcce4_4_1'

Run time 8 seconds

sbs: build log in C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/build/Makefile.2011-02-03-21-23-39.log
    C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt471\epoc32\tools\make.exe: Leaving directory `C:/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/rssnews'
    The process "C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt471\epoc32\tools\make.exe" exited normally.
    Starting: "C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt471\epoc32\tools\make.exe" sis in C:/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/rssnews
    make -f Makefile ok_sis MAKEFILES=.make.cache  
    make[1]: Entering directory `C:/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/rssnews'
    createpackage.bat -g  rssnews_template.pkg DEBUG-armv5   
    Processing rssnews_debug-armv5.pkg...
    Created  rssnews_unsigned.sis.
    Successfully created signed package rssnews.sis for debug-armv5 using certificate: Self Signed!

make[1]: Leaving directory `C:/QtSDK/Examples/4.7/declarative/demos/rssnews'
    The process "C:\QtSDK\Symbian\SDKs\Symbian3Qt471\epoc32\tools\make.exe" exited normally.
    If you see errors, show them to us as well.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

@Lucian:
    here is the error when i was trying to install some Qt Quick app to nokia n8 with Qt SDK 1.1 TP

@MiBer:

No. I didnt get the solution yet.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by chintandave_er View Post
    @Lucian:
    here is the error when i was trying to install some Qt Quick app to nokia n8 with Qt SDK 1.1 TP

@MiBer:

No. I didnt get the solution yet.
    Hi Chintan Dave,
    Just would like to add one issues to your original problem.
    If you are using such statement in pro file, take a look where you are using
    LIBS += -lQtTestDll (LIBS += lQtTestDll this will cause the problem you have mentioned)

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by mahbub_s60 View Post
    Hi Chintan Dave,
    Just would like to add one issues to your original problem.
    If you are using such statement in pro file, take a look where you are using
    LIBS += -lQtTestDll (LIBS += lQtTestDll this will cause the problem you have mentioned)
    Ok.. I will check it when i have my laptop with me.

Sorry for late reply.

Thanks to all.

Hello Lucian,

as you can see (Posts: 1) I'm totally new to Qt, Symbian and so on. Reading the thread again I'm not sure that it is the same problem as Chintan has.
    Therefore I'll give you more information about my problem.
    I have bought a Nokia C7 (Symbian^3) to manage my calendar.
    Becaue I miss a filter function, for example I would like to see all dates which have a comment including a searchtext, I decided to write a programm.
    After looking around I found the QtSDK/Qt Creator 2.0.x based on Qt 4.7.1. Then I found out that there are special libraries for the organizer and as far as I understand the are included in the Qt Mobilty-"Framework" (1.1.0). Furthermore I understood that this is included in the Qt SDK. So far so good. I wrote the first programm and started it within the simulator using Qt Creator. It works fine (Sure I have had a lot of small problems).
    Then I installed Qt and Qt mobile to the C7. Both sis-file from the QtSDK-Folders.
    I switched to Symbian-Device within Qt Creator and conneted the mobile.
    Now the problems appears: I get a lot of compilation errors.
    Then I created a new project and just added a QOrganizerManager-class. After doing that I wasn't able to compile the project. So I'm sure it has to do with the QT Mobility-Libs 1.1
    Depending on the way how I include the QOrganizer-Class I get the same error as described "linkandpostlink ..."

Best regards
    Michael

Hi Michael, Chintan,

there could be many problems that the SDK is showing on various OC/Linux/Mac configurations. We must therefore try to talk about the same thigns and provide all the needed details if we want to have a chance to solve anything.

I have a working compilation, proven by a build log from the compilation output.

Chintan has two short messages on the same project, in qmake stage. Clearly somewhere in his setup there is a problem and we need more info. Chintan, can you please run a command line build (use the preconfigure shortcuts for Qt for Symbian command line prompts from the start menu) and post the output here (or simly take it from IDE's compile output console, like I did)

Michael, you are talking about lots of errors on a custom project. I would suggest that to be an entirely different story. How about you try the same example application and see ho that works? Give exact details on which target you have used and how did it go. If it is really the same thing as Chintan has, then it is pointes to try your own project if even the examples don't work at all.

If you are still trying your own example, and have a lot of compilation errors, that's good. Errors are normal, they just have to be fixed. Post them here (or rather start a new thread since that would be indeed a different problem) and let's fix them.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Hello Guys,

thank you for your answers. I didn't aspect them so quick!
    I have also downloaded Qt Mobility which includes examples. There is one which also uses the QOrganizer-Classes. Also this example doesn't work .
    You're right, we have to go into the details. I would suggest that I will create an new Qt Project and describe all the single steps.
    As I described it is enough just to add a QOrganizerManager-Class to reproduce the error.
    Do you agree or do you think we should use a "big" exsisting example from Qt Mobility?

Best regards
    Michael

I would start with a basic example from the SDK, the first one you see in the Getting started section of the Welcome view.
    If that works, at least we can rest assured that the SDK setup is generally OK and then you can move to bigger projects, either your own or from outside the SDK.
    -- Lucian

Super Contributor

Normally Compile Output is more informative than Build issues.

Regular Contributor

Hi, I assume you are trying to build it for Symbian^1 instead of Symbian^3.
    That won't work due to configuration issue http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTMOBILITY-986 .

You can try this workaround, add following lines to your .pro file:
    Code:
    QT -= opengl
    DEFINES += QT_NO_OPENGL