Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

QComboBox problem

Hi...

I want to use a QComboBox in Symbian Phone. I implemented this for Windows and the drop down comes just below the QComboBox. How ever when the same is implemented and run on Symbian device the drop down comes below 40-50 pixels size.

Also the native look and feel is not that good. I have used the following style sheet syntax:

"QComboBox { background-image: url(:/imagesSymbian/combo.png); color: black; border: 1px solid grey;border-style: solid; border-width: 2px; border-radius: 5px; border-color: grey;} QComboBox::drop-down { subcontrol-origin: padding; color: black; background-image: none;}";
    Any ideas on this?

Thanks...

Super Contributor

Re: QComboBox problem

Make the best you can of a poor situation.

Regular Contributor

Is it possible to customize the QComboBox? Any suggestions, please...

Thanks...

Quote Originally Posted by RajeevSahu View Post
    Is it possible to customize the QComboBox? Any suggestions, please...

Thanks...
    I think you must use
    .QComboBox {
    }
    or QComboBox#comboName {
    }

I think only QComboBox {} does nothing!
    Merry Christmas Tombola! available on OVI Store!
    SuperDaddy available on OVI Store!

QT VirtualKeyboard: http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/VirtualKeyboard?content=107388
    Crack Generator: http://qt-apps.org/content/show.php/MosaicCrack?content=121832

Super Contributor

Yeah, I may have misinterpreted your post. Style Sheets do work for QComboBox, if coded correctly. The syntax is very fussy, and likely not all features can be adjusted, but it is possible to change the default look/feel.

Unfortunately, even at its best, QComboBox is not very good.

(Note that for coding Style Sheets you should study VERY CAREFULLY the online Qt documentation on that topic. Lots of good information there, but you have to dig a little.)

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by RajeevSahu View Post
    Also the native look and feel is not that good.
    Yes, QComboBox looks bad on symbian and its choicelist popup even worse. I have to do some custom stuff (including button and dialogs) to make my application look and feel better.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by dahiya.vinod View Post
    Yes, QComboBox looks bad on symbian and its choicelist popup even worse. I have to do some custom stuff (including button and dialogs) to make my application look and feel better.
    Yes, I tried my best to change the default look and feel, but didn't succeed. Please update this thread if you are able to make any changes to the default QComboBox. I'll also dig more on the StyleSheet part and will update the thread.

Super Contributor

Are you able to get style sheets to work for ANY sort of widget?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by danhicksbyron View Post
    Are you able to get style sheets to work for ANY sort of widget?
    Yes, style sheets applied to this and other widgets are working fine. In this case only the Drop down comes in a different place. This might be a Qt Bug...

Check this link:http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTBUG-12052

I tried to implement as per the suggestions provided in this link. But still not able to display the Drop down just below the combobox... Any other suggestions?

Thanks...

Super Contributor

About all I can suggest is that you look at the documentation again -- make sure you have the "::drop-down" qualifier properly placed, and all of the keywords correct. But yes there were changes to the QComboBox in 4.7.3 (didn't make it much better but didn't make it any worse, IMO -- the concept is just wrong for a phone).

If all else fails try your own style as suggested by the bug report.

Quote Originally Posted by dahiya.vinod View Post
    Do you like to share your code with us, because I (and many others) having the same problem that some parts of Qt UI are not suitable for mobile devices (yet?)

Regular Contributor

Hey,

I have used the followings for QComboBox:

QString combostyleSheet =
    "QComboBox { background-image: url(:/images/dropdown.png); color: black; border: 1px solid grey;border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-radius: 5px; border-color: grey;font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; color:#000000; font-size:18px;}"
    "QComboBox::down-arrow {image: url(noimage); border-width: 0px;}"
    "QComboBox::drop-down { background-color: none; background-image: none; border: none; background: transparent;}"
    "QComboBox QAbstractItemView {background-image: url(:/images/backgroundimg.jpg); border: 0px solid darkgray;color: white;background-color: black; selection-background-color: lightgray;}";
    ui->comboBoxEventType->setStyle(new QWindowsStyle);//if use default "QS60Style" the List will come from bottom i.e. above "Options" key area.
    //int count = ui->comboBoxEventType->count();
    //for(int i=0; i<count;i++)
    //ui->comboBoxEventType->model()->setData(ui->comboBoxEventType->model()->index(0, i), QSize(70, 50), Qt::SizeHintRole);
    ui->comboBoxEventType->setStyleSheet(combostyleSheet);
    QScrollBar *scrollbarComboBox = ui->comboBoxEventType->view()->verticalScrollBar();
    scrollbarComboBox->setStyleSheet(
    "QScrollBar { background-image: none; border: 0px solid grey; border-width: 0px; border-radius: 5px; width: 15px; border-color: grey; background: transparent;}"
    "QScrollBar::handle {background-image: none; border: 1px solid grey;border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-radius: 5px; width: 15px; border-color: grey; background: lightgray; selection-background-color: lightgray; selection-color: yellow;selection-background-color: blue;}"
    );
    I hope this will help others too.

Thanks...