Discussion Board

how develop and test applications with all cpabilities

Hi
    I am using the nokia-QT-SDK to develop and test qt applications for nokia mobile phones.
    If i want to send for example a message, i need more capabilities and it is not working with self singed.
    How am i able to test, and develop function where i need to sign the app.
    Regards
    Paul

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: how develop and test applications with all cpabilities

To use System, Restricted or Manufacturer capabilities you need a developer certificate. Qt Creator will sign your application's SIS file with it and then you will be able to install on the set of devices for which the certificate was granted.

You can obtain a developer certificate covering System capabilities from Ovi Publishing, for free. All you need is register, then follow the procedure described at Nokia signing Symbian and Java apps for free

For more capabilities, or if you plan to distribute the application through other channels than the Ovi Store, you will need a PublisherID ( from TC TrustCenter, 200€/year ) and then, using it, get a developer certificate from Symbian Signed. More info in the articles at http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Symbian_Signed
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thank you for the information, but i have received the developer certificate, but i do not know how the right way to install the certificate on the device, and to change the settings in the project file. As i was doing it it was not working,
    Do i need to set the installer_header .
    DEPLOYMENT.installer_header=0x2002CCCF
    and/or do i need to do more settings?
    Greets Paul

Nokia Developer Moderator

DEPLOYMENT.installer_header is only used for Smart Installer packaging, which is something you do at a later stage, once your are rather sure that your application behaves properly.

If you have a developer certificate from Symbian Signed, there is nothing to install on device. If you have it from Ovi, the ceritificate includes a SIS file which must be installed on device.
    The certificate also includes a certificate and a *.key file. These you will set un Qt Creator, under the Project's view, in the Symbian tab, replacing the self-sign option with your devcert files pair.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

ok and i have change the TARGET.UID3 to the ones i ve got from ovi?