Discussion Board

Hidden Java Mobile Application

Hi!

Is it possible in java mobile phones that I can develop and deploy an application to the phone which can run as an application hidden in mobile,
    or as a service, or as a node in wireless network.

Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: Hidden Java Mobile Application

Quote Originally Posted by hmargani View Post
    Hi!

Is it possible in java mobile phones that I can develop and deploy an application to the phone which can run as an application hidden in mobile,
    or as a service, or as a node in wireless network.

Thank you.
    You can set the application in the background and can invoke the same at the particular time and/or on some interruption. You can search web for the same.
    There is/are some jad file entries for the same, so search the Forum Nokia Library.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Super Contributor

just take into account that not all Java devices can run an app in the background...
    also take into account that any app using specific platform services (like gps or network connectivity) will ask for permission to the user, or you have to sign them and the user will have to actually setup the device settings so that those permissions are not asked...
    All this is obviously set up for the security of the users device, we don't want any network-connecting location-aware viruses do we ?
    Note: please don't send private questions to me, as I don't have time to provide private support. All such questions should be posted on public forums, where I and others can see and answer them.

Super Contributor

And the Java apps that are user-installed will also always appear in the installed applications list of the device, and the user can uninstall it.

hi

now only i bought nokia c2-00..defaultly opera browser is installed..but now i download and install nimbuzz,uc browser etc.. when i try to open this 2 new application its shows required connection error..but in that same location opera browser is defaultly install but its work..why my new applications are not work.. but its show error connection retry retry

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by anandan@nokia View Post
    hi

now only i bought nokia c2-00..defaultly opera browser is installed..but now i download and install nimbuzz,uc browser etc.. when i try to open this 2 new application its shows required connection error..but in that same location opera browser is defaultly install but its work..why my new applications are not work.. but its show error connection retry retry
    This question is not in relation with java , it's better for you to post your question : http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/...rt_Discussions

regard,
    rahul