Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Express Signing Problem(You uploaded a SIS file without any Publisher ID)

Hello,
    I have developed an application and created a .sis file for my Application. Now I have cert..pfx from where I have extracted the my_tc.cer and my_tc.key. Now i used this certificate and key pair to sign my .sis file for my application and zipped it (which contains the sis file, the UserGuide.txt, the ReadMe.txt, and the .pkg file) and sent it for Express Signing . But I am unable to upload the .sis file cause it was every-time saying that "You uploaded a SIS file without any Publisher ID"

So can anyone please help me out on this issue?

thanks
    Joy

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Express Signing Problem(You uploaded a SIS file without any Publisher ID)

If you are able to install this sis file on your device then i think it might be signed with a dev cert,/key & not the publisher ID otherwise i think there should be no problem in submitting it for express signing.So please cross verify it once again.

Quote Originally Posted by vineet.jain View Post
    If you are able to install this sis file on your device then i think it might be signed with a dev cert,/key & not the publisher ID otherwise i think there should be no problem in submitting it for express signing.So please cross verify it once again.
    I am successfully been able to install it in the device with my developer certificate and key . But i dont know why it is saying that i am submitting the sis file without the Publisher ID.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by joy.mca View Post
    I am successfully been able to install it in the device with my developer certificate and key . But i dont know why it is saying that i am submitting the sis file without the Publisher ID.
    Just to be sure..have you signed the sis file with the publisher id and key combination and have the sis extention to it.

Yes Symbian_Neil I have signed the sis file with the certificate and key pair that I have generated with the help of TC-ConvertP12 from cert.pfx. I hope cert.pfx is the PUBLISHER ID that you are talking of. i generated the certificate and the key from this cert.pfx and I have submitted the sis file zipped alongwith the documents mentioned (User Guide , read me and .pkg file).

Yes Symbian_Neil I have signed the sis file with the certificate and key pair that I have generated with the help of TC-ConvertP12 from cert.pfx. I hope cert.pfx is the PUBLISHER ID that you are talking of. i generated the certificate and the key from this cert.pfx and I have submitted the sis file zipped alongwith the documents mentioned (User Guide , read me and .pkg file).
    Just check if you are doing it correct from http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Symbian_Signed)

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Just check if you are doing it correct from http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Symbian_Signed)
    There is nothing in this page http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...Symbian_Signed :-(

The editor does not include the closing bracket in the link by default http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ymbian_Signed)

You could also re-check the sis file (for example with signsis on commandline) that is has the certificate. Also you could open the cer file in windows to see that it is actually Trust center Publicer ID.

Nokia Developer Champion

what i meant was , try to install the same sis file which you have generated for express signing, if by chance it gets installed then of course there's some issue with it.

To be sure I want to know one more thing...is that the Symbian Signed account that i have used for purchasing the Publisher ID should be the same account where I have the Content ID's Purchased and from where I have taken the Protected UID's and used in my application....OR we can use different account ID's for taking the Protected UID's and submitting the application... ??

AFAIK they all should be handled in same account. UIDs are definetely account specific, and AFAIK content IDs for signing are purchased for specific account.

what i meant was , try to install the same sis file which you have generated for express signing, if by chance it gets installed then of course there's some issue with it.
    Ya vineet.jain I tried to install both the .sis and the .sisx on my device but it didn't got installed on my device. It said "Certificate Error. Contact the Application Supplier".

Nokia Developer Champion

ok.. So the case you have posted in post # 11, is it true in your case? I mean the protected UID's you are using in your project are of someone else's account?

ok.. So the case you have posted in post # 11, is it true in your case? I mean the protected UID's you are using in your project are of someone else's account?
    No am not using some one else's UID . I was just trying to confirm that . Actually I am using all of the things of the same account.