Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Express Signing Problem(You uploaded a SIS file without any Publisher ID)

Make sure you are signing correctly with your Publisher certificate. After signing your .sis with Publisher ID, what does the following command show?

signsis.exe -o mysisfile.sis
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Quote Originally Posted by kiran10182 View Post
    Make sure you are signing correctly with your Publisher certificate. After signing your .sis with Publisher ID, what does the following command show?
    FYI, I have builded the .sis and the .sisx file from the build configurations options of the Carbide. And when I issued this command signsis.exe -o mysisfile.sis it showed No primary signatures
    and when i isued the command signsis.exe -o mysisfile.sis it showed Primary: Issued by TC TrustCenter Class 2 L1 CA XII. Issued to 1c. Valid from 05/08/2010 to 05/08/2011

Oky finally now i got my sis file uploaded by renaming mysisfile.sisx to mysisfile.sis and when i zipped it and sent it, it got uploaded. So am i correct in this step of renaming this .sisx file to .sis?

Meanwhile I am still not able to clear the Express Signing procedure because in step3 i got stuck because they are saying that I have used NetworkControl capability in my project but the fact is that in my project I haven't used NetworkControl capability. My application has a dll and an exe. So why is this been said by the Symbian Signed?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by joy.mca View Post
    FYI, I have builded the .sis and the .sisx file from the build configurations options of the Carbide. And when I issued this command signsis.exe -o mysisfile.sis it showed No primary signaturesand when i isued the command signsis.exe -o mysisfile.sis it showed Primary: Issued by TC TrustCenter Class 2 L1 CA XII. Issued to 1c. Valid from 05/08/2010 to 05/08/2011
    Either you have typed it wrong or I am dis-oriented this morning. I see two same commands on same file yielding two different outputs

Oky finally now i got my sis file uploaded by renaming mysisfile.sisx to mysisfile.sis and when i zipped it and sent it, it got uploaded. So am i correct in this step of renaming this .sisx file to .sis?

Meanwhile I am still not able to clear the Express Signing procedure because in step3 i got stuck because they are saying that I have used NetworkControl capability in my project but the fact is that in my project I haven't used NetworkControl capability. My application has a dll and an exe. So why is this been said by the Symbian Signed?
    Ok..so it was simple case of not reading the article in detail Glad that its settled now!!

What are the capabilities listed in the mmp file of the dll and exe?

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    Ok..so it was simple case of not reading the article in detail Glad that its settled now!!

What are the capabilities listed in the mmp file of the dll and exe?
    Yes it settled finally but am still confused about the fact that why the orginal file is not being takenby the symbian signed where as renaming the .sisx to .sis made it uploaded to the symbian signed and i didnt typed that command incorrectly ..one command was for the .sis file and one for the .sisx file and it yeilded two different outputs as No primary signartures (for the sis file) and Primary: Issued by TC TrustCenter Class 2 L1 CA XII. Issued to 1c. Valid from 05/08/2010 to 05/08/2011(for the .sisx file )

in the dll the capabilities are (the dll that i have used is HTTP filter plugin)
    LocalServices Location NetworkServices ProtServ ReadDeviceData ReadUserData SwEvent UserEnvironment WriteDeviceData WriteUserData

and in the exe the capabilites are
    Location NetworkServices ReadDeviceData ReadUserData SwEvent WriteDeviceData WriteUserData

Yes it settled finally but am still confused about the fact that why the orginal file is not being takenby the symbian signed where as renaming the .sisx to .sis made it uploaded to the symbian signed and i didnt typed that command incorrectly ..one command was for the .sis file and one for the .sisx file and it yeilded two different outputs as No primary signartures (for the sis file) and Primary: Issued by TC TrustCenter Class 2 L1 CA XII. Issued to 1c. Valid from 05/08/2010 to 05/08/2011(for the .sisx file )
    The answer is straightforward. If you notice your build configuration, you might have given .sis file as output file and .sisx file for the signed file output. Hence the two outputs, which are quite correct really, for the files.

Quote Originally Posted by Symbian_Neil View Post
    The answer is straightforward. If you notice your build configuration, you might have given .sis file as output file and .sisx file for the signed file output. Hence the two outputs, which are quite correct really, for the files.
    Oky Thanks a lot Symbian_Neil for clearing me that out. and thanks for the help

And what about the NetworkControl Capability ...where am i going wrong ?....can you please help me out on that litlte bit..?

I finally got my application Express Signed and Thanks to all here who have helped me out. Without all your help this wont have been possible for me. Thanks to ALL..

Nokia Developer Champion

I finally got my application Express Signed...
    That's good news. It would be nice of you if you can share how did you solve that "NetworkControl" capability issue so that other developers will be benefited from this.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

I resolved the issue by cleaning all files related to my project from the epoc32 folder...including my dll file that i am creating.. the issue was coming because I didnt cleaned up the dll that was created ...I only was cleaning up the project*.* from the epoc32 folder whereas you should also clean the dll*.* from the epoc32 folder. That was how the problem got resolved.