Discussion Board

Thread: Update Error !

Unhappy Update Error !

I am using Nokia Qt SDK and device is Nokia 5800 XM. I have installed Qt, TRK and Mobility that were in SDK in to the device.

I have just picked a sample program say "Address Book from ItemViews" and opened it in Qt creator. It runs successfully in the simulator.

But, When i build for device and transfered the .sis file (after successfully building and signing it) to the device.

During Installation, It shows "Update Error !" (With a red blinking Exclamation Mark) and aborts the installation process.

What can be the reasons??

Any help will be appreciated..!!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Update Error !

Quote Originally Posted by dipeshtech View Post
    I am using Nokia Qt SDK and device is Nokia 5800 XM. I have installed Qt, TRK and Mobility that were in SDK in to the device.

I have just picked a sample program say "Address Book from ItemViews" and opened it in Qt creator. It runs successfully in the simulator.

But, When i build for device and transfered the .sis file (after successfully building and signing it) to the device.

During Installation, It shows "Update Error !" (With a red blinking Exclamation Mark) and aborts the installation process.

What can be the reasons??

Any help will be appreciated..!!
    Check http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...pdate_error.22