Discussion Board

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Symbian signed

Re: Symbian signed

SIS File Scan Results

Publisher ID Distinguished Name Not defined

Note: The owner of each UID, SID, or VID shown below must match the Publisher ID Distinguished Name shown above otherwise your application will fail the Symbian Signed process.
    Where can I input this "Distinguished Name" ? Is this a certificate error?

EDIT:

signsis output:
    Primary:

Embedded:
    Issued by Symbian CA I.
    Issued to smartinstaller 0.46.0.
    Valid from 16/11/2010 to 16/11/2020.
    Issued by VeriSign Testing-Based ACS Root for Symbian OS.
    Issued to Symbian Limited.
    Valid from 14/03/2007 to 27/08/2023.
    Issued by Nokia Online CA.
    Issued to Nokia.
    Valid from 18/10/2010 to 18/10/2015.
    Issued by Symbian CA I.
    Issued to smartinstaller 0.46.0.
    Valid from 16/11/2010 to 16/11/2020.
    Issued by VeriSign Testing-Based ACS Root for Symbian OS.
    Issued to Symbian Limited.
    Valid from 14/03/2007 to 27/08/2023.
    Issued by Nokia Online CA.
    Issued to Nokia.
    Valid from 18/10/2010 to 18/10/2015.
    Issued by TC TrustCenter Class 2 L1 CA XII.
    Issued to IT.
    Valid from 22/02/2011 to 22/02/2012.
    The certificate info:
    CN = xxx.xxx d.d.
    OU = Symbian Signed PublisherID
    OU = IT
    O = xxx.xxx d.d.
    There seems to be a discrepancy here. signsis tool outputs "Issued to IT.", while the .cer file states: "Issued to: xxx.xxx d.d.". Confusing. Could this be the error? How to fix it?
    Last edited by tineursic; 2011-02-25 at 08:50.

Nokia Developer Moderator

I hope the Symbian Signed team is seeing this and will comment on what the actual root cause is but setting the "Distinguished name" is really trivial stuff, and there's no other logical place to do it than in Symbian Signed's account settings.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Quote Originally Posted by ltomuta View Post
    I hope the Symbian Signed team is seeing this and will comment on what the actual root cause is but setting the "Distinguished name" is really trivial stuff, and there's no other logical place to do it than in Symbian Signed's account settings.
    Thanks for replying.

In symbiansigned account settings there's a field that states:
    Distinguished name (from Publisher ID, if available)
    And the contents were filled with our company name when the account was registered months ago. The problem remains.

Checked the whole procedure again and found no errors. Certificate, signing, .pkg, symbiansigned account info ... all seem to be correct.

What could be the problem? Where to look and how?

The whole project is on standby. Where can I turn to, to get help on this? Email, web, phone ... anything would be helpful.

Nokia Developer Moderator

There are no good advices. If you look around in the board, you can see that currently nothing works with Symbian Signed. The service has been transferred to Nokia yesterday, and no one has seen it working since then. And indeed there is no clue who is in charge, Ltomuta and Symbianyucca are the FN Experts who are usually around, but they are not affiliated with the signing services.
    Enstedt seemed to be in charge (based on his posts, like http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...t-a-problem...), but he has not been around for more than a month. You can try sending him a PM.

Nokia Developer Expert

Hi,

The Symbian Signed site was down almost one full day due to the database transfer from Symbian Foundation to Nokia. In addition there was a long service break with the Open Signed (both online & offline) services. I just verified with my test account that the offline version is working now (uploading a .csr and downloading a devcert).
    I would ask anyone who has had signing problems to please try again now, as the latest fixes may have removed some of the reported problems. If the problems persist, you can report them here, or use the symbian.signed@nokia.com mailbox (although the mailbox is currently flowing over the top - we are receiving huge amounts of e-mail).

Also, a forward apology for late responses and delays in the services. We are but a few guys here and, I must admit, the whole Symbian Signed transition has taken us by surprise. It has been a lot more work than anticipated.

Nokia Developer Champion

You may also like to respond to this rather long thread where people are facing problem with OpenSigned Online. http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...an-Open-Signed

I just tried with OpenSigned Online and it does not work.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team

Thank you all for explaining the situation.
    We'll do as advised by aaumala.

Nokia Developer Expert

The distinguished name could be like: Nokia Oyj. Where the company name is Nokia. The Oyj is like Ltd or Corp. Or similar. It is not mandatory field, but it is good to fill in from the Publisher ID (open the .cer file) "Issued to" feld as then when the origin of your application is checked by the test house or by the Express Signed audit.

If your account states that you work for company A and the Publisher ID is from a company AB (and the application claims to be developed by ABC) then the problem of understanding the true origin of the application raises. That is what is being tried to prevent, someone else claiming to own someone elses application. That being also on reason for you having to need to register your UIDs by getting them from Symbian Signed and protected range.

Just to clarify. It was the Qt version. We used Qt4.6.2 (as stated in the first post) and had to upgrade to Qt4.6.3.