Discussion Board

Nokia Touch Phone Emulator for Qt

Hello,

I dont have a real device to test my apps, and Simulator MinGW, well is not enough for me, cause it ignores native symbian code, also when i want to use the QMessage class it gives me a compilation error QMessage was not declared in this scope(it compiles fine for nokia device). So do you guys know a good nokia phone emulator for QT?

Thanks,
    ZeroSum

Super Contributor

Re: Nokia Touch Phone Emulator for Qt

Yeah, it would be the Emulator. Default under Carbide, but I understand it can be accessed from Creator.

Nokia Developer Moderator

The emulator is part of the corresponding platform SDK (e.g. the S60 5th Edition SDK for a S60 5th Edition device) and to build for it you would require also the Nokia C/C++ Compiler which is only available through Carbide.c++.

So, install Carbide.c++, install the platform SDK, install Qt on top of the platform SDK and then, optionally, integrate the SDK and its targets with Qt Creator. Doable, but a bit advanced use case.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Thanks for the reply,
    So what i have here is : QtNokiaSDK (with qcreator) , NokiaSymbian^3 sdk V 0.9 installed, and now i installed Carbide C++,in Qt Creator from optionsi did this:

no i get the emulator in the target list, but when i compile i get this :
    Running build steps for project MatchUS...
    Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.
    Starting: "C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Symbian/tools/make.exe" -w
    Can't open perl script "C:\Program": No such file or directory

The process "C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Symbian/tools/make.exe" exited with code %2.
    Error while building project MatchUS (target: Symbian Emulator)
    When executing build step 'Make'

From what i see it says it misses active pearl which is really weird cause i have active pearl installed.
    I'm so new to this, sorry if I bother you, i've just been struggleling with QtMobility for two weeks no with no way to test it.

You have fallen into one of the oldest Symbian traps. The Symbian build tools don't work if there are spaces in the paths (yes, I know, it really is 2011 and there are still tools that can't handle this for a globally used platform).

P.S. In case we can save you some trouble, which bits of Qt Mobility, or Symbian code do you want to use? Not EVERYTHING works on the emulator either.

Hey,
    Thanks for the reply, auch can't believe it didnt work because of that, well what im trying to test is QMessaging from QMobility and CTelephony from Symbian library

You won't be able to send SMS or MMS on the simulator, not sure what is actually supported.

CTelephony is also a grey area. You can't make actual calls of course, some stuff will work.

Seems like Nokia has though of this, with remote access device, basically you can test your apps on many devices here http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/R...DA_usage.xhtml, all you need is to be registered on the nokia forum, nice of Nokia to think of this.

Cheers,
    ZeroSum