Discussion Board

Qt SDK 1.1 TP issue with Mobility/Camera

I installed the Qt SDK 1.1 technology preview and I'm trying to get a basic camera example to work. I've tried a number of variations of the following code but they all fail with the error "A data abort exception has occurred" when setViewFinder() is called:

QCamera* camera = new QCamera();
    QCameraViewfinder* viewFinder = new QCameraViewfinder((QWidget*)this->parent());
    camera->setViewfinder(viewFinder);

Other variations I tried include setting a device on the camera, calling show() first on viewFinder, etc. I also tried a version with every capability I'm aware of enabled in my .pro file that I then used Open Signed Online to sign. All fail with the same error. The SDK and the sis package files installed correctly as far as I can tell but it's hard to know for sure since all the packages on the N8 are invisible. Previous to the SDK technology preview release I tried to install the developer preview of Qt 4.7.0 and the native Symbian C++ environment but I never did get that to work. Maybe that has affected the installation of my Qt SDK/sis packages install somehow?

Also, from my .pro file:

CONFIG += mobility
    MOBILITY = multimedia location
    Last edited by charshep; 2011-02-02 at 23:54.

Re: Qt SDK 1.1 TP issue with Mobility/Camera

An update. Looking at the Makefile I find the following line that lists the include directories generated from the .pro file:

INCPATH = -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include/QtCore" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include/QtNetwork" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include/QtGui" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include/QtOpenGL" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include/QtMultimedia" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include/QtWebKit" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include/QtMultimediaKit" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include/QtLocation" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/mkspecs/common/symbian" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/stdapis" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/stdapis/sys" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/mw" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/platform/mw" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/platform" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/platform/loc" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/platform/mw/loc" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/platform/loc/sc" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/platform/mw/loc/sc" -I"C:/QtLocation" -I"C:/QtMultimediaKit" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/stdapis/stlportv5" -I"C:/QtSDK/Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/include/QtXmlPatterns" -I"C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/hereme-qtwebkit/heremeqt/moc" -I"C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/hereme-qtwebkit/heremeqt/ui" -I"C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/hereme-qtwebkit/heremeqt" -I"C:/Symbian/Carbide/workspace/hereme-qtwebkit/heremeqt/rcc"

None of these directories includes camera related headers, nor do I have the directory QtMultimediaKit on my machine. Furthermore, it seems odd to me that the only locations where I can find qcamera.h are (with C:/QtSDK given as root):

Symbian/SDKs/Symbian1Qt471/epoc32/include/middleware/qcamera.h
    Symbian/SDKs/Symbian1Qt471/src/multimedia/qcamera.h
    Symbian/SDKs/Symbian3Qt471/epoc32/include/mw/qcamera.h

But if there were an include problem I'd expect to see a compile or link error, not a run time failure.

Nokia Developer Moderator

I think the device installation files shipped with latest SDK are faulty, at least the actual camera example shipped with Mobility APIs appears to crash with Ker-Exec 3 on device. Thus I suppose we would need to wait for update, and hope that the issue is fixed by them.

Hi

Any workaround available for this issue.

-halderp

Nokia Developer Moderator

get the March 1st released Qt SDK (or newer), and get the Qt Mobility 1.1.1 examples set, then it works out-of-box.