×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Post Smart Installer Language issue

    Hello.
    I'm using Nokia Qt SDK 1.02; compiling for Symbian in command prompt
    I have some language issue with smart installer. When I trying to install self-signed package to phone with russian-language ui, I getting broken symbols (krakozyabry ) in some part of installation process.
    I tried to change language in appname_template.pkg and appname_installer.pkg.
    When I make a setting
    Code:
    ; Language
    &EN, RU
    I getting error in compilation process:
    Code:
    >make sis
    make -s -f Makefile ok_sis
    Processing appname_release-gcce.pkg...
    appname_release-gcce.pkg(10) : error: Expected , read }
    appname_release-gcce.pkg(10) : error: unexpected text
    
    file I/O fault, cannot open appname_unsigned.sis.
    
    SIS creation failed!
    Maybe I should change something in pro file?

    And one more little question. Tell me, please, what file I should send to Ovi publishing for checking, signing and publishing? Installer or just sis file? My application is using only NetworkServices capability
    Give me a hints, please
    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: Smart Installer Language issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddik View Post
    Hello.
    I'm using Nokia Qt SDK 1.02; compiling for Symbian in command prompt
    I have some language issue with smart installer. When I trying to install self-signed package to phone with russian-language ui, I getting broken symbols (krakozyabry ) in some part of installation process.
    What language are you using on your phone? Are all the other strings displayed correctly, in your phone's language? Any chance you can get us the exact string? Krakozyabry does not seem be be a word acording to Google...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddik View Post
    I tried to change language in appname_template.pkg and appname_installer.pkg.
    When I make a setting
    Code:
    ; Language
    &EN, RU
    I getting error in compilation process:
    Code:
    >make sis
    make -s -f Makefile ok_sis
    Processing appname_release-gcce.pkg...
    appname_release-gcce.pkg(10) : error: Expected , read }
    appname_release-gcce.pkg(10) : error: unexpected text
    
    file I/O fault, cannot open appname_unsigned.sis.
    
    SIS creation failed!
    Maybe I should change something in pro file?
    a) Yes, you should always use deployment statements in the PRO file rather than edit the generated *.pkg files. Or maintain your own files.
    b) Changing the language code in the PKG script does not have inpact on the "krakozyabry" issue reported above, so you better have some other reason to do that
    c) the tool complains that at line 10 in appname_release-gcce.pkg there is a } character. What do you have in line 10 and why is there a } there instead of a , ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreddik View Post
    And one more little question. Tell me, please, what file I should send to Ovi publishing for checking, signing and publishing? Installer or just sis file? My application is using only NetworkServices capability
    Give me a hints, please
    Thank you.
    You send to Ovi the full Smart Installer package, with your application's SIS file inside. Step by step instructions are available at http://doc.qt.nokia.com/smart-installer/index.html
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: Smart Installer Language issue

    Hi! Thank you for your reply.
    Krakozyabry - is specifical russian word that means very bad symbols

    I'm using russian language, and all another strings displayed correctly. I can show you.
    This is normal russian symbols


    And this is abnormal symbols (krakozyabry)



    When I try to install to english interface, there all completely ok.

    Where I can read more about setting installer language in pro file?

  4. #4
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: Smart Installer Language issue

    You cannot change installer's language, it will always display the info using the current language of the phone (if supported) or default to English.

    Can you please perform the following test for me, I was looking for someone to help me verify this for a while

    1) Go to c:\NokiaQtSDK\Symbian\SDK\ and call dumpsis on the smartinstaller.sis file to see what version it has (there will be a PKG file exposed by dumpsis and that has the info in the header)
    2) If the version is 0.24.0 then the problem is known and there is a solution
    2a) start Qt Creator and from the Help menu check for an update
    2b) apply the update then verify that the smartinstaler.sis is upgraded to version 0.46.0, then rebuild your installer and test again.
    3) if the version is already 0.46.0 then we have a [new] localization problem

    Bottom line, the 0.46.0 version (Smart Installer 1.1) should have fixed the localization issue and it should have been deployed as an SDK update already. If any of this things did not happen we have a problem.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3

    Re: Smart Installer Language issue

    Wow, it was really 0.24 version. I applied update , and now it works great. Thank you very much

  6. #6
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,359

    Re: Smart Installer Language issue

    Good to hear that the update worked and we have no more issues.
    I had the update done manually (file from http://tinyurl.com/SmartInstaller) so I couldn't verify whether the SDK update worked or not.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Similar Threads

  1. Smart installer wont work
    By fecnek in forum [Archived] Nokia Smart Installer for Symbian
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 2011-02-03, 19:05
  2. Smart installer problem
    By lipos123 in forum [Archived] Nokia Smart Installer for Symbian
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 2011-02-01, 09:52
  3. Smart installer 1.1 packaging
    By mamaji4 in forum [Archived] Nokia Smart Installer for Symbian
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2011-01-07, 13:58
  4. Nokia E5 Smart Installer Issue
    By epomerle in forum [Archived] Nokia Smart Installer for Symbian
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2010-11-17, 09:49

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
×