Discussion Board

How to add copy file functionality in *.pkg file for Qt Application

DearAll,

I want to ask how to add copy file functionality in *.pkg file, I mean I want the *.sis file doing copy a certain file when application installation process. To do that I add the following line into my *.pkg file of my Qt Application project:

"/S60/devices/S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/data/z/resource/apps/SouniQ.xml" - "E:\data\SouniQ.xml"

in symbian application project is done successfully, but for Qt application project SouniQ.xml not copied to destination folder when sis file was executed (application installation proccess).

Is it need to modify qt project (*.pro) ? and how ?

Thanks Before,

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to add copy file functionality in *.pkg file for Qt Application

Quote Originally Posted by srf.hidayat View Post
    DearAll,

I want to ask how to add copy file functionality in *.pkg file, I mean I want the *.sis file doing copy a certain file when application installation process. To do that I add the following line into my *.pkg file of my Qt Application project:

"/S60/devices/S60_5th_Edition_SDK_v1.0/epoc32/data/z/resource/apps/SouniQ.xml" - "E:\data\SouniQ.xml"

in symbian application project is done successfully, but for Qt application project SouniQ.xml not copied to destination folder when sis file was executed (application installation proccess).

Is it need to modify qt project (*.pro) ? and how ?

Thanks Before,
    Maybe this is what you are looking for http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...t_package_file

Hi Symbian_Neil,

Thanks, That's what I need.

Package files are generated by qmake. That line in the .pkg file would work but would be overwritten by qmake every time it runs. DEPLOYMENT has been wrapped with a (very slightly) simpler mechanism in the latest tech preview SDK.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Sorcery-ltd View Post
    Package files are generated by qmake. That line in the .pkg file would work but would be overwritten by qmake every time it runs. DEPLOYMENT has been wrapped with a (very slightly) simpler mechanism in the latest tech preview SDK.
    yes but the suggestion was to edit the .pro fiile, I had used the same a few minutes before answering this query

dunno about the tech preview sdk that you mention though.

Sorry, I was answering the other part of the original question which was suggesting that the change to the package file didn't work in Qt apps.

If you write your own package file and use that, rather than use the autogenerated one, then it'll work just fine.

You can still add a DEPLOYMENT direct to the .pro file in the Nokia Qt SDK 1.1 tech preview but there's a convenience wrapper for cross-platform deployment (using a .pri file).