Discussion Board

Redirecting phone's player/tuner sound to loudspeaker if headsets plugged in

Hi,
    I'm developing an application which needs to redirect the phone's sound player/tuner's sound to the loudspeaker, even if the headphones are plugged in.
    I'm trying to create an object of CAudioOutput and call SetAudioOutputL( TAudioOutputPreference ePreference) over it. However, to create an object of CAudioOutput, I need to have a reference of CMdaAudioPlayerUtility, CMdaAudioRecorderUtility, CMdaAudioOutputStream or others. How can I get access to the phones default sound/tuner player to pass this across as reference, for the above method to work?

Also, is there another way to set some global setting to redirect the output to the loudspeaker even if the headsets are plugged in?

Thanks

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: Redirecting phone's player/tuner sound to loudspeaker if headsets plugged in

well the object creation of CAudioOutput() is asking for a reference to CMdaAudioPlayerUtility, because it expects that the audio player is also implemented in the application as well.

Re: Redirecting phone's player/tuner sound to loudspeaker if headsets plugged in

I do not wish to create a new CMdaAudioPlayerUtility object. I wish to re-direct the phone's media-player/tuners sound to the loudspeaker(the player the phone uses when you browse the music folder) or the phones default tuner.

I'm sorry if I'm not clear, I'm new to symbian development

Hi

In case you cannot find any solution, you can check with Forum Nokia's Paid Technical Support Team.

-halderp