Discussion Board

Cannot access the "GENERAL" Menu at my phone settings for Nokia 3650

i cannot access the General menu under the phone setttings menu....the error was "App. closed gs CONE 14"....also i noticed that i cant use the ALPHA mode when using the sms function or other programs that i need to use in Alpha mode.....in short i can input only numbers........before it happened i changed my memory card from 16MB to 128MB the brand name was TwinMOS made in Taiwan.......then i installed new programs like the Handy File ver. 1.0 , Handy Safe ver. 2.0, Palette Extender ver. 1.01, Screen Saver, and MP3Go ver. 2.02....and some MP3 files using the Nokia suite for 3650 and MSI Bluetooth USB key........it was functioning well after 2 days then on the 3rd day i ddidnt notice any errors on the memory card side but on the phone side itself there was....can you help me regarding this matter? i backed-up my phone using the nokia suite for 3650 on my pc before this problem happened.....now my plan was to restore the backed-up data on my phone......i hope this solves the problem.

i need your suggestions, comments and guidance about this problem.

Cannot Access Menus on 3650

I am having the same problem. I installed a 128mb mem card and Handy Filer and Handy Shopper. I noticed the problem when starting up the phone after a power off when charging. I spoke to the service provider and Nokia Tech and they are not aware of this issue and are shipping me a replacement phone this week to capture the failing phone. I will post the findings when they diagnose the problem.

to all,

i just restored my backed up data from my pc to my 3650 using the nokia suite......its a good thing i have my back-up...it is really necessary to back-up your phone data...before trying to install all those additional software or upgrades.....one thing i noticed though was that the phone is prone to hang-ups....i hope they can improve the integrity of the softwares....like the symbian OS.

General Menu Restored on 3650

I restored my back also before the phone was replaced and it failed twice more. The Nokia and T-Mobile reps were not aware of the message and agreed to replaced my phone with a new one. I installed the same software and used the same mem card and so far,I have not had any problems with the new one in two days.