Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

Unhappy Publishing ... what went wrong ? :(

Well, our application got passed QA. And has showed up as published. I would be happy, if it was published the way i described it. But... unfortunately

1) It got listed under Utilities, though i indicated that it should be under "Applications - Lifestyle & Leisure" - this application helps you find your favorite beer.
    2) Description is not like i entered.. for example, in my description i have a word "Programėlė" (Lithuanian for Application) but in published content i see "Program ėlė" - where did that extra space come from?

But those are jus two minor things.. the biggest one, is that Ovi Store says that my application is NOT compatible with Nokia N8 or E7 or C7. And i don't understand why. To make things even more complicated, if I look ant QA Details, I still see that status is PENDING for Symbian^3: Nokia C7-00, Nokia N8-00, Nokia E7-00, Nokia C7-00_1, and Nokia C6-01. So why did it pass QA ? Why did it get published? And why Ovi store allows it to download on C6, but not on N8, E7 or C7? WHY ? We notified everyone about this application through twitter, facebook, and now everyone comes and they are like what the ... is this? Why doesn't it work on N8 or C7 ?

I don't know if its anger or frustration or sadness that i feel after one month development If it was not ready for Ovi Store, so why did QA pass it and why it got partially published?

Re: Publishing ... what went wrong ? :(

Sorry to hear about the problems...

I your app done with QT creator? If so, your content will duplicated in near future by the Ovi Staff. That way they are able to make a non-QT version of your app. This is needed at the moment because symbian 3 devices can not download QT apps as they are. C6-00 is a S60 phone and C6-01 is a symbian 3 phone, and that's the reason you app is available for C6(-00).

Regular Contributor

Yes it is a QT app. Guess it's new approach from Ovi guys - instead of 20 days they passed QA in their promised 6 working days, but decided to skip Symbian^3 devices... now if i only could take back those announcements that our application is available on Nokia Smart-phones

Regular Contributor

About the space in the description before an accent, the same happens in our French and Spanish descriptions, it is an issue with OVI, and they are probably not much in a hurry to fix it.
    Personnally as a user I hate to see typos, but I figured that if the user sees those extra spaces in all descriptions in his language, he/she will not hold it against that particular app.

Hmm... I thought the Qt issue with Symbian^3 in Ovi Store was supposed to be fixed and there should be no need for a duplicate. They did mention about it here.

Cheers
    http://www.ic-mobile.com/

Sasler you are right, sorry about that. The fact that Nokia QA is neglecting my content items at the moment does not mean it does not work for the symbian 3 devices. I have three games in the QA., one of them is a duplicate (has not been edited fot 2 weeks). Two other has been 98.3% passed and pending 1.7% (symbian 3 devices) I stopped counting the QA time after one month. They are "in progress" but have not been edited for a week. Well, as I have said earlier patience is a virtue

Sorry for the miss info.
    Last edited by jetrix74; 2011-02-08 at 16:53.

I still see 2 content items for my Qt content. They did remove the Qt disclaimer from the descriptions on Sunday and did something with the duplicate content items but didn't log what they did, it just says content updated??
    I am going to be releasing an update to one of the apps soon, so I will have to ask which item to update, or both... I will report back with their response when I get one.........
    Cheers,
    Jon

"...They did remove the Qt disclaimer from the descriptions..." Same thing here 12 days ago and then nothing. But I don't think that the duplicate is obsolete since this happend to your content just a few days ago...

About updating; It says in the content item comment box: "If you wish to update or make changes to your content, please update the Qt version only and do not delete or modify the Symbian application that we create."

The duplicate is definitely not obsolete, at least in my case, I have had sales for each of the duplicates in the last 3 days...
    Thanks for the heads up on the updating!
    Cheers,
    Jon

ok, thank you for this info. (and for the info in that other thread. I have always thought that you can't self sign (with unprotected range uid) apps with sensitive capabilities)

FYI, I got email yesterday from Ovi publish that all new Symbian3 content is currently on hold until they fix the something in Ovi Client.
    Grego
    http://mpaja.com/

Thank you grekker for this info!

Quote Originally Posted by grekker View Post
    FYI, I got email yesterday from Ovi publish that all new Symbian3 content is currently on hold until they fix the something in Ovi Client.
    Ah, it probably means that soon there is no longer the need of Symbian^3 duplicates for Qt content. That is good. However, I still wonder what they will do with existing duplicates. I wish Nokia would inform us more...

Cheers
    http://www.ic-mobile.com/

Regular Contributor

I wonder, how long does it take for Ovi publishing team to reply to emails? Two business days have already passed, and no response so far. On Contact Us no there are no concat phones.. or they just simply ignore inquires by email ?

Regular Contributor

Five business days, no response to email from Ovi publishing team. It seems that Nokia guys are trying very hard to do everything to make new developers feel miserable, and drive them nuts. How cool is that?