Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

eliminate the round trip time of online signing

Hi,

I have been looking at http://www.forum.nokia.com/Distribut..._signing.xhtml but it is not very clear whereas developers can obtain that up-to-5-IMEIs certificate for offline signing their apps in case of Qt apps with no costs. Basically, having to open sign my app online for every line of code changed is downgrading productivity by a very big factor.
    If this kind of 5-IMEI offline certificate is not obtainable for free, then what would be he costs ? which sections apply for Qt apps from the above link ?

Thank you

Re: eliminate the round trip time of online signing

//----------------miss info warning
    You get the certificate installer from Nokia once you provide them with up to 5 IMEI's. In other words, you send them the IMEI's of your development phones and Nokia makes a small .sis certificate installer that (when installed), enables you to run apps that use sensitive capabilities on those phones which relates to the IMEI's. And yes it is free.
    //----------------miss info warning ends
    Last edited by jetrix74; 2011-02-08 at 22:31.

I just went through this yesterday and was pleasantly surprised to receive my key/cert in less than 24 hours!
    You can use the IMEI's from the devices on the RDA, its the long number under the device model. Example; Nokia 5230
    352014047231373 <- thats the IMEI #
    I picked an IMEI from an E72, 5800, N8, C7 and an N97 as these are some of the most common models my app's seem to be downloaded by and represent a cross section of the available Qt S60 SDK's...
    I don't own a Nokia Smart Phone so I am not sure where to find it on an actual device.
    Also, you can do allot of debugging and testing or your apps using the emulators from the SDK's. You can read about setting up creator to deploy to the SDK emu's HERE.
    I believe the submitted IMEI numbers are only for testing your app after its been signed by Ovi. Up until then, you can just test as usual with self signing, using your own UID[s] from the unprotected range...
    Cheers,
    Jon

Regular Contributor

Thanks party people!