Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

IMEI NUMBER of all the phone

Hello i want to get he IMEI number of different kind of phone example nokia,samsung,motorola,sony etc

I am using the below code to get the imei number,but it doest not work:-

System.getProperty("phone.imei"
    System.getProperty("com.motorola.IMEI");
    ///Siemens:
    System.getProperty("com.siemens.IMEI");
    ////Samsung
    System.getProperty("com.samsung.imei");
    ////SonyEricsson
    System.getProperty("com.sonyericsson.imei");
    ////Motorola
    System.getProperty("IMEI");
    System.getProperty("com.motorola.IMEI");
    ////Nokia
    System.getProperty("com.nokia.mid.imei");

Thanks for helping

Super Contributor

Re: IMEI NUMBER of all the phone

What does not work?
    On which device are you facing?

Is this link is of some help?
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Regular Contributor

thank you.I had used his in my code but it is giving me null values.It is written the the application must be signed then and then only it give the IMEI number.Can you please guide me how to make my application signed.So that i can get the IMEI Number

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: IMEI NUMBER of all the phone

Quote Originally Posted by shwetadseema View Post
    thank you.I had used his in my code but it is giving me null values.It is written the the application must be signed then and then only it give the IMEI number.Can you please guide me how to make my application signed.So that i can get the IMEI Number
    The two primary Certificate Authorities (CA’s) for code signing are Thawte and Verisign. Thawte certificates will cost you $200 per year (discount on renewals), whereas Verisign will cost you $500 per year (discount on renewals). So which do you choose?

Unfortunately, not all phones have a Thawte root certificate, and not all have a Verisign root certificate. If you try to install a Thawte-signed application on a phone without a Thawte root certificate, the installation will be aborted. So you need to determine which phones have which certificates installed, and target your builds accordingly.
    Or, if you’re only developing for a few phones, just sign with the certificate needed for those phones. If you can only afford to get one certificate, you’re better off to shell out the extra money for the Verisign certificate, because it is currently installed on more phones than Thawte.

The easiest way to sign your application is by using Sun’s Wireless Toolkit (WTK). Detailed instructions can be found in the WTK User Manual.

1. Open KToolbar, and choose Project | Sign.
    2. Select the “New Key Pair” button to generate a new key pair.
    3. Enter your key alias, your name, and company information, and click the “Create” button.
    4. Press “Generate CSR” This is the certificate signing request.
    5. Click “Browse” to choose a location for the CSR file, and press “Create” to write the CSR file.
    6. Head to Verisign (or Thawte) and begin the enrollment process for a code signing ID. You’ll copy the CSR file contents and paste them directly into the Verisign enrollment form. Pay them their fee, and then they’ll verify your identity, and e-mail you back a certificate.
    7. Back in KToolbar, choose Project | Sign.
    8. Import the certificate by pressing “Import Certificate.”
    9. To sign your MIDlet suite, you will first package it.
    10. Then choose Project | Sign.
    11. From the Alias List, select the key you just imported, and click “Sign MIDlet Suite.”
    12. Do a happy dance, and pray for the day when this becomes easier.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Super Contributor

Short answer: No can do.

Longer version:

On those phone models, where the app needs to be signed by the operator (carrier) or the manufacturer, you have the following options:

Operator: Go to each and every network operator separately and individually - there are only something like 1500 operators in the world - and ask each one of them to sign your app separately (you will then have 1500 versions of the app, or just the .jad file, really). In practice, of course, this is not practical = not going to happen, because it will take many years for you to contact all the operators alone by yourself (even finding the correct people at each operator who might be willing to do it takes time and effort, and then persuading them to actually go through the effort of signing your app will probably take even longer). And if you change the app at all, all the versions need to be signed again. And app users must then pick the correct version to install for the operator (SIM card) they happen to be using.

Manufacturer: Not going to happen. The manufacturer will never sign your app using their manufacturer certificates (unless they find a reason to acquire your app and distribute it with their phone firmware from the factory, and even then it'd only be done for some models in some markets).

In other words, on devices where you need to get the operator or manufacturer to sign your app to use a feature (like getting the IMEI in your application), it is most probably not possible, and you have to accept life without (the functionality).
    Last edited by petrib; 2011-02-09 at 09:36.

Super Contributor

To re-iterate (because this is important): DO NOT BUY A CODE SIGNING CERTIFICATE!!!! You will waste your money, it will not help you get the IMEI number.

Graham.

Super Contributor

Install a separate C++ app that can fetch the IMEI for you.

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by danhicksbyron View Post
    Install a separate C++ app that can fetch the IMEI for you.
    In that case you will not be able to get the same from the S40 devices, as you will not be able to install the Symbain C++ app on the S40 devices.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Nokia Developer Champion

On S40 for unique identification of device try using Bluetooth UID of the the device, it might help in place of IMEI no.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Regular Contributor

thank you for helping me