Discussion Board

Thumbs up Is it possible to design custom canvas having images and text field also.

Hi,
    I am developing a custom canvas having text fields, string items and images with paint(Graphics g) method. Is it possible to design custom canvas having images and text field also with some modification in existing API?

Super Contributor

Re: Is it possible to design custom canvas having images and text field also.

So you would like to mix high-level LCDUI elements with Canvas (low-level UI)?
    Unfortunately that is not possible, you have to implement all the things you want to place on Canvas yourself. Of course you could try to use some existing 3rd party UI library
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph..._UI_Frameworks

Hartti

Super Contributor

Thumbs up Re: Is it possible to design custom canvas having images and text field also.

Quote Originally Posted by ravi.joshi53 View Post
    Hi,
    I am developing a custom canvas having text fields, string items and images with paint(Graphics g) method. Is it possible to design custom canvas having images and text field also with some modification in existing API?
    Yeah you can develop this kind of GUI using the Canvas. The most important thing is that you have to do all rendering of the components that you wanna develop, have to deal with the screen resolution issues when the same component will be test on the different devices, the event handling of the same to be done by you only,

As hartti suggested that you can go for the already developed GUI third party GUI library like LWUIT.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Thanks .I will find the solution of your query and contact you as soon as posible.

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ravi.joshi53 View Post
    Hi,
    Instead of trying to put TextFields on Canvas, try to put the required Custom Items (where you are free to use a predefined Area of the form as Canvas - overwriting its paint & keyEvents) on the form itself.
    Or try LWUIT - http://java.sun.com/developer/techni...e/lwuit_intro/
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Thank you Hartti... i am trying...
    -Ravi Joshi

Quote Originally Posted by im2amit View Post
    Instead of trying to put TextFields on Canvas, try to put the required Custom Items (where you are free to use a predefined Area of the form as Canvas - overwriting its paint & keyEvents) on the form itself.
    Or try LWUIT - http://java.sun.com/developer/techni...e/lwuit_intro/
    thank you Amitabh.......thank you very much...
    -Ravi Joshi