Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular Contributor

HTTP post problem

Hello im trying to send request n get response from the server... which i have almost succeeded in it.... it works fine in emulator but in device im not getting the correct response.... almost my request n both (emulator and device) r the same.....checked the request......... wat mite be the prob??? is there any permissions to specify it???? thanks for any replies.... im using clientengine example...

Re: HTTP post problem

What problem are you facing on device? Is it giving any error or is the transaction failing?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by revovn View Post
    What problem are you facing on device? Is it giving any error or is the transaction failing?
    no im getting the response...... but its sayin username password mis match but i checked the username n password everythin is fine..... nothin wrong with the request....... same request whn i post in emulator its giving the correct response ...

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by moulii View Post
    no im getting the response...... but its sayin username password mis match..
    How it is telling you something, if you are not getting any response ?

Can you check that you have Networkservices capability in your process as well as whether you get any error codes returned in any place on your code while running it in a device.

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by symbianyucca View Post
    How it is telling you something, if you are not getting any response ?

Can you check that you have Networkservices capability in your process as well as whether you get any error codes returned in any place on your code while running it in a device.
    hello yucca i dnt tell im not getting the response... i said my response is incorrect.... even whn the request i sent in correct.... i compared the request i sent n emulator with device both r same but in device not getting correct response.. tats y confused.....

Sorry about my reading-mistake.. Anyway, then can you check on the server-side what is happening in there ? basically could be that something on network is messing things up. With emulator you are connected to your local network, thus if the server is there as well, it is a very different route than going through mobile operators network and coming to the server from outside the firewall.

Regular Contributor

Sorry about my reading-mistake.. Anyway, then can you check on the server-side what is happening in there ? basically could be that something on network is messing things up. With emulator you are connected to your local network, thus if the server is there as well, it is a very different route than going through mobile operators network and coming to the server from outside the firewall.
    hello yucca thanks for ur reply.... but wat ever the connection maybe but server is the same na yucca...so how to fix this problem yucca??? wre should i chk for it ??? in my code r wre?? really confused.. FYI - the server is not the local server yucca.. its our client side server.

if you have access to the server data in any ways, it would help you greatly for determining what is happening in there, if the code runs fine and the data appears from device side to be correct, then it is rather hard to know what specifically goes wrong with your client.

Regular Contributor

if you have access to the server data in any ways, it would help you greatly for determining what is happening in there, if the code runs fine and the data appears from device side to be correct, then it is rather hard to know what specifically goes wrong with your client.
    its our client server n we don have access to it yucca...... n the data im sending(request) is accurate... the same data which i posted in emulator works fine...

Basically there is not much that could be done, provided that you are 100% certain that the data sent is excatly correct, and the only problem is that server says that it is not. Then it appears that your Query does sent data, and you get reply back, thus your communications are working. And as it is your own code and logic, and without knowing what the server actually gets, it is rather impossible to know what is going on there.

Anyway, you could always try making a script on your own server, and for debugging purposes try connecting your application to that script. And then see what kind of data you would be receiving.

Regular Contributor

Basically there is not much that could be done, provided that you are 100% certain that the data sent is excatly correct, and the only problem is that server says that it is not. Then it appears that your Query does sent data, and you get reply back, thus your communications are working. And as it is your own code and logic, and without knowing what the server actually gets, it is rather impossible to know what is going on there.

Anyway, you could always try making a script on your own server, and for debugging purposes try connecting your application to that script. And then see what kind of data you would be receiving.
    ya k yucca ill try it out.....n one more thin yucca... is the connection from emulator to the server is entirely different from connecting the server with device????? thanks for any replies........

Quote Originally Posted by moulii View Post
    its our client server n we don have access to it yucca...... n the data im sending(request) is accurate... the same data which i posted in emulator works fine...
    You should learn about the details of that server, and decide if you can install it somewhere in your vicinity.
    In the meantime you can attempt reproducing the same communication router with the emulator, and see if it still works. So connect your PC via the phone.

ADD:
    is the connection from emulator to the server is entirely different from connecting the server with device?
    This is where the you-factor comes in: you always ask questions with providing as little information as possible.
    It is you who knows how your PC connects to the server, how your test device connects to the server, etc. Wired? WLAN? Cellular? Is the internet involved at all, or the server happens to be next to you?

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    You should learn about the details of that server, and decide if you can install it somewhere in your vicinity.
    In the meantime you can attempt reproducing the same communication router with the emulator, and see if it still works. So connect your PC via the phone.

ADD:This is where the you-factor comes in: you always ask questions with providing as little information as possible.
    It is you who knows how your PC connects to the server, how your test device connects to the server, etc. Wired? WLAN? Cellular? Is the internet involved at all, or the server happens to be next to you?
    my PC is an wired net work.. from this the server works fine im getting the proper response........ in mobile im using the gprs network to connect to server in which i have a problem.....

Regular Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post

ADD:This is where the you-factor comes in: you always ask questions with providing as little information as possible.
    actually i dnt mean it wizard wat i thought is.... server ill not know in which we r goin to connect .. its work is to get r give the data if we hit tat server with the correct username n password... so tats y i posted tat wizard... for knowing wthr there is a difference???

Yes, you are right about that, the server should not care about the connection type you use, it is expected to see that it has a connection from an IP address.
    A possible difference comes from the fact that you are connecting via cellular network, GPRS, thus the mobile operator may intentionally/unintentionally modify or even drop/block a part of the communication. However this kind of issue can be ruled out if the emulator still works when connecting over GPRS (using the phone as a modem for the PC, Nokia PC/Ovi Suite supports that). If it still works, the problem may be somewhere on the device.
    Just two issues I have heard about in the past few weeks: Kaspersky Antivirus/Internet Security for S60 may conflict with certain network transactions, even if it is disabled, just present on the device, and Fring is reported to affect HTTP communication.