Discussion Board

Lightbulb [moved] How can I "accept the new service terms and privacy policy" for Symbian Sign?

hi, I've received an email from symbiansigned@symbiansigned.com and told me that there was something changed in this month. I should accept the new service terms and privacy policy this month if I want to go on use this service. But I logged in and could not find where to accept new terms and privacy policy. Could you please show me the link or the entry?

Here I attached the whole content of the email:

Dear Symbian Signed service user,
    The Symbian Signed signing services are to be migrated and taken up by Nokia Corporation. Symbian Foundation will transition from a non-profit organization to a licensing entity, which means there will be changes in the terms and conditions of the Symbian Signed service.

In the context of this transition and providing the signing services by Nokia, new service terms and privacy policy shall apply to your use of the Symbian Signed services. To continue your use of the services, you need to accept the new terms by 28th of February 2011. You can do this by logging into your account at Symbian Signed web site from 1st of February 2011 onwards, and accepting the new service terms and privacy policy. If you do not accept the new terms by 28th of February 2011 you will not be able to use the Symbian Signed service.

As a result of accepting the new service terms and privacy policy, Symbian Foundation will send personal data to Nokia Corporation.
    This concerns your registration data (such as first name, last name and country of residence), and data which you have submitted to Symbian Signed in connection with your application (such as specifications, certificates, UIDs and any information associated with UIDs). The data is transferred so that Nokia Corporation can provide you with the Symbian Signed services. If you make any changes to such data, the changes will be visible also in the context of the Symbian Signed services. Your data and settings will be processed by Nokia Corporation in future.

To continue your use of Symbian Signed services, please accept the terms and the transfer of the data prior to 28th of February, 2011.
    If you do not indicate anything prior to this date, we will consider you not applicable for migration and you will not be able to continue to use the Symbian Signed services.

Regards, Symbian Signed team

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How can I "accept the new service terms and privacy policy" for use Symbian Sign?

I just checked my another symbian signed accout, and it at least showed me the new rules, thus just try re-logging in to the account.

Regular Contributor

Re: How can I "accept the new service terms and privacy policy" for use Symbian Sign?

same probelm here. where should i accept it? i tried relogging but it doesn't help

Nokia Developer Moderator

As I can't see the thing any more in my account, I'll have to rely on my memory so bear with me: log-in to symbiansigned.com -> you will see a yellow text box notifying you about the change -> at the bottom of it the is a black button saying something like "view new terms and conditions" -> click on it -> read the text -> as you scroll down at the end of the text there will be an "I accept" button. Click it.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite