Discussion Board

Stalled processing of Qt applications for Symbian^3 devices

It's been 25 days since I've upload my Qt based app to Ovi publish
    and it's still unavailable on Ovi store for Symbian^3 devices.

Support says processing of all Qt apps is stalled for Symbian^3 devices.
    Would they resume Qt app processing? When?

Recently I've seen some new Qt apps from Offscreen: "Timer QT" and "Converter QT". I guess it's Qt based apps to. Does Ovi publish uses selective approach for its clients?

Re: Stalled processing of Qt applications for Symbian^3 devices

It was the same with me - 26 days without any update but yesterday I finally saw some activity on my application (it is now 99.6% finished, only the China 0.4% is not finished yet). Fingers crossed that it would not take another month to review the app for China but it seems that the things are finally moving ahead. Maybe it was a problem specific for Symbian^3. I've selected only Symbian^3 as target to avoid excessive QA review time but it seems that there was some Symbian^3 and Qt specific problem with the Ovi store, which is now solved but it already caused big delays of the reviews of Qt applications.

Re: Stalled processing of Qt applications for Symbian^3 devices

Quote Originally Posted by da32x View Post
    It was the same with me - 26 days without any update but yesterday I finally saw some activity on my application (it is now 99.6% finished, only the China 0.4% is not finished yet). Fingers crossed that it would not take another month to review the app for China but it seems that the things are finally moving ahead. Maybe it was a problem specific for Symbian^3. I've selected only Symbian^3 as target to avoid excessive QA review time but it seems that there was some Symbian^3 and Qt specific problem with the Ovi store, which is now solved but it already caused big delays of the reviews of Qt applications.
    Strange, but I got the exactly the same: 99.6% passed and 0.4% pending (China). If I remember correctly, my last app "got stuck in China" for several weeks. I hope this won't happen again.

Cheers
    http://www.ic-mobile.com/