Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

problem about MIdleFindObserver callback

All:
    According to Sdk, "iFinder = iContactsDb->FindAsyncL(aParsedAddress.iTelNumber.Right(11), iFieldDef, this); "
    will callback the func "IdleFindCallback();" but it was not. it seen " iContactsDb->FindAsyncL()" cause a leave,
    I was debug on the phone with Log, The log(FLogUtils::Write(_L("FFFFF")) after " iContactsDb->FindAsyncL()"
    was print But no other Log can print(seen the Progrom leaves).
    the follow is a piece of the file .h
    class CSmsReject : public CActive, public MIdleFindObserver
    {
    public : //from MIdleFindObserver
    void IdleFindCallback();
    }

because it only can debug on the phone, how can i catch the panic when "iFinder = iContactsDb->FindAsyncL()" runs?
    the sdk was not describe the func may cause a panic!

Regular Contributor

Re: problem about MIdleFindObserver callback

Quote Originally Posted by julio_chan View Post
    All:
    According to Sdk, "iFinder = iContactsDb->FindAsyncL(aParsedAddress.iTelNumber.Right(11), iFieldDef, this); "
    will callback the func "IdleFindCallback();" but it was not. it seen " iContactsDb->FindAsyncL()" cause a leave,
    I was debug on the phone with Log, The log(FLogUtils::Write(_L("FFFFF")) after " iContactsDb->FindAsyncL()"
    was print But no other Log can print(seen the Progrom leaves).
    the follow is a piece of the file .h
    class CSmsReject : public CActive, public MIdleFindObserver
    {
    public : //from MIdleFindObserver
    void IdleFindCallback();
    }

because it only can debug on the phone, how can i catch the panic when "iFinder = iContactsDb->FindAsyncL()" runs?
    the sdk was not describe the func may cause a panic!
    i try to Add "IdleFindCallback()" after "iContactsDb->FindAsyncL()", the program enter "IdleFindCallback()"(panic occurs in this func),
    it seems like the panic is not cause by the operator " iContactsDb->FindAsyncL();", but why the callback ""iContactsDb->FindAsyncL()"
    can not launch "IdleFindCallback()" with normal framework?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: problem about MIdleFindObserver callback

Note that in Symbian C++ asynchronous callbacks are running in your own thread, they are invoked by invisible active objects.
    It means that
    - when you are using asynchronous callbacks, there has to be an Active Scheduler. It is automatically exists in GUI code, but you have not said if yours is GUI or GUI-less. "normal framework", what is that?
    - in order to have the callback invoked, your code has to return to the scheduler loop (if your code is already running in an active object - like a command handler in GUI code), or (if there is no scheduler loop is running) start a new one
    And generally you should always have the panic messages enabled: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ded_panic_code