Discussion Board

Cool Windows Phone development

Could we have a WP section in the forum, please? Many of us have already downloaded the SP7 SDK and have started building and porting our apps to WP7. It would be useful to be able to start discussing topics such as Silverlight, XNA, C#, deployment, etc. Visual Studio is an easy IDE to use, .NET is a powerful dev platform, and you can write code in C#, VB.NET, Python, Ruby, C++, etc -- or just drag and drop UI controls from the toolbox. The coolest thing about Silverlight applications is that they run in the web browser and on the desktop too!

Enjoy!

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Windows Phone development

Hi Tim, welcome to Forum Nokia.

We might open dedicated forums in the future, but until then do come back and update us on your progress. We'd love to learn from your porting experience.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Acheson View Post
    Could we have a WP section in the forum, please? Many of us have already downloaded the SP7 SDK and have started building and porting our apps to WP7. It would be useful to be able to start discussing topics such as Silverlight, XNA, C#, deployment, etc. Visual Studio is an easy IDE to use, .NET is a powerful dev platform, and you can write code in C#, VB.NET, Python, Ruby, C++, etc -- or just drag and drop UI controls from the toolbox. The coolest thing about Silverlight applications is that they run in the web browser and on the desktop too!

Enjoy!
    Yes. I hope Forum Nokia will start dedicated section for Windows Development for Nokia soon. I also request to open such section in Forum Nokia.

I am also Microsoft Developer (C#, VB, ASP.NET, SQL) cum Nokia Developer (Qt, Widget , Symbian). So I will really like to make app for Nokia in Visual Studio.

@Tim: Till than you can refer Microsoft site for window's development.

http://channel9.msdn.com/Series/Wind...lute-Beginners
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.

The response so far is encouraging.

Those in the UK, especially London, may find the Windows Phone User Group (WPUG) useful -- I certainly do! There's usually free beer and pizza at the meetings, too, which is a bonus.

I've started a Windows Phone Developer group on Forum.Nokia, to help get the ball rolling!

Nokia Developer Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Acheson View Post
    I've started a Windows Phone Developer group on Forum.Nokia, to help get the ball rolling!
    Good. Joined the group.
    Nokia Developer Wiki Moderation team
    World's Greatest Speeches for Windows Phone is now available on WP Marketplace.