Discussion Board

dictionary Widget

Hi I am trying to develop a widget that takes a word in a textbox, then gives the meaning for it in another textbox.

I am having problem with the syntax.

Could someone help me with this, or is there a tutorial i could follow?

Thanks in advance

pezz~

Re: dictionary Widget

Hi skugpezz.

Can you tell me more about your problem? Do you need a sample code for making textboxes and get values from them or do you need code for getting results (example to translate) those values you got?

- Vilu

Hi,

I need code for making a text box, geting the values from them that i set.
    for example

if(textbox.text == me)
    {
    textbox.text = skugpezz;
    }

I recommend to download Nokia Web SDK. It gives you great developing enviornment that allows you to preview widgets in emulator and there comes some example widgets to start with.
    You can download it from http://www.forum.nokia.com/Develop/Web/9hy25fa/
    Install Nokia Web SDK, and from there just click File -> New -> Nokia web app or Symbian web app and choose some template. You can easily modify those codes then.

I have made also an example of using WRTkit. You can download it from http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/b001...kitexample.zip
    WRTkit has many good user interface components that you can use for your project. Just download the .zip file and extract it to some where. Then open Nokia Web SDK and click File -> New -> Import web app and locate the extracted folder and from there the file named info.plist
    The example I made has label, textfield and button that is linked to function that handles the event of pressing it. When you press button it changes text from another label and also popups a notification. You can find documentation for WRTkit API from http://www.forum.nokia.com/document/...381635170.html
    And by the way, in WRTkit you can change text from textlabel by using textFieldName.setText("New text");

I hope this helps you.

- Vilu
    Last edited by vilu85; 2011-02-22 at 12:26.

Thank you for the help

I was using visual studio 2008 with the wrt plug in.
    Another thing I wanted to ask is there a dictionary method?

I'm using Visual Studio 2008 too. But there are some bugs with Visual Studio, by example when you test your application using a emulator. Sometimes menus doesn't show correctly. That's why I sometimes use Nokia Web SDK.
    One very annoying thing is when you make user interface that looks great in emulator, and when you build the application and install it to your device (like I did to my Nokia N8), the user interface parts were too little to touch. So now I have modified the whole WRTkit to use two different "themes" depending of device screen size and now the textfields, buttons and some other stuff too are always in the right size. Let me know if you need that modified version of WRTkit that has bigger UI elements for larger screens and I will upload it to web.
    What do you mean by dictionary method? Is there a function to translate automaticly stuff or what?

Thanks alot.
    Last edited by skugpezz; 2011-03-12 at 06:29.