Discussion Board

Unhappy [moved] How to move/copy messages from Inbox to other folder on memory card in QT

I want to know 'How to move/copy messages from Inbox to other folder' on memory card.

Any help is appreciated.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to move/copy messages from Inbox to other folder on memory card in QT

Have a look at Qt Mobility's Messaging API to begin with.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

I have seen that, but could not find any method which help in moving to some other folder outside messaging store like a folder in memory card.

Somehow, my main purpose is to receive my incoming messages in that 'folder' in memory card.

Is any other way out??

You have to explain with more details what you want to do and why you want to do that.

You can easily move a message by making a copy of it in some other location/database and then delete it from the source. Is that not what you need?
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Yeah, I wanted to do that, Can you tell me the procedure or which class/method to use??

If you're looking for one method like magic::doTheThingImThinkingAbout() then you are going to be disappointed. But at the end of the page I already pointed you to there is an example app which does most of the things you will have to do: enumerate the messages received in a certain time interval and then process them one by one.
    -- Lucian

I am sorry if i started this thread at wrong place, kindly move it to "beginning QT". And, I am still very naive. (Just a month old)

And, I still didn't get which example application you are referring to. Well, i will search for that.

To elaborate more of my problem, I am actually trying to classify my incoming messages, as you can see in screenshot. I am able to import them from inbox and populate them in inbox tab, moreover, with the help of some algorithm i WANT to capture some of my incoming messages to be populated in spam tab.

Thanks for the responses!

This is the example: http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility/keepintouch.html

But now it is my turn to be confused. You already have a list of messages, and you can read them all and decide which one is spam. So what exactly do you need to do now? What is the "move to folder" thing all about?
    -- Lucian

Okey...!! I will try make it clear. (But again sorry, if i am trying to do something in a length way, which can be trivially done)

Since, the messages shown in the listbox (Inbox tab) are being populated from messaging store inbox. I want the spam selected messages to be listed under SPAM tab.

So, I thought, if i could move/copy the junk messages from messaging store Inbox to some custom folder say 'spam' in memory card and keep fetching messages from that folder to be listed under "SPAM" Tab. Moreover, my all junk-spam messages will also get aggregated under one folder.

This was the reason behind. (At least what i can think of.)

MORE Moreover,

I already know about the example suggested by you. But, i could not find anything that provides such flexibility to move messages outside messaging store. Is it?? If yes "Kindly Quote that line".
    Last edited by dipeshtech; 2011-02-28 at 00:11.