Discussion Board

QML Viewer not running in QT Tech Preview

Hi,

The QML Viewer won't run anything in the QT1.1 tech preview (running on Windows 7 ) - I always get the message:
    C:\QtSDK\Desktop\Qt\4.7.1\mingw\bin\qmlviewer.exe exited with code -1073741819

This isn't related to the QML itself - this happens for the simplest files - e.g If i create a new QTQuick UI Project and run it immediately this is what i get. I can copy the file to my N900 and run it on there ok, but it would be nice to be able to run this on my pc. I do have dual boot and haven't tried the linux version.

I'm also fairly new to QT and QT quick development so i may not have things set up right (the installation defaults). I also don't know where to go to see what the code might mean (web searches didn't return any results). Anyone else had this issue?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: QML Viewer not running in QT Tech Preview

Indeed, that seems to be the case, you should create a bug report about it.

Still, if this has not been noticed so far it must be because QML applications work just fine, so simply use a Qt Quick Application project template and all will be OK.

P.S. It's Qt, not QT. Unless you really use QuickTime to watch a demo video about building Qt apps
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: QML Viewer not running in QT Tech Preview

Thanks - and I will make sure i get it right from now on as being Qt.

I submitted a bug after looking for similar stuff and struggling to narrow the version to the tech preview. I also downloaded the linux version and ran that on Mandriva this evening and that worked well so i'll use that when i'm doing QtQuick for now - just means i have to get it set up to access my NAS properly.