I have downloaded the Qt SDK 1.1 BETA version today at Forum.Nokia website , March 2, 2011.
This SDK contains:
Qt 4.7.2 and Qt Mobility 1.1.1 APIs.
Qt Quick and Qt Creator 2.1 to provide a complete solution for UI development.
Tools for Symbian, Maemo, and desktop apps, including the use of native APIs.
Device binaries to enable apps created with the SDK to be run on Symbian devices.
This is stated in the Forum.Nokia website http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n...f8/Qt_SDK.html
What I want to do and what I did so far:
1. I want to develop an application that utilizes the built-in camera of a Symbian^3 phone.
2. I have researched and found out that the latest release of Qt Mobility which is Qt Mobility 1.1.1 APIs SHOULD include the Camera APIs which is under the Multimedia API - http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qtmobility-1.1.1/index.html
3. I also found a QCamera application example here - http://www.forum.nokia.com/info/sw.n..._0_en.zip.html
4. I downloaded the example and tried to build it in Qt Creator using the new Qt SDK 1.1
5. Now the first problem is that it cannot find the QCamera APIs specifically these two in the cameraexample.h header file:
// QtMobility API
My questions now:
Now is it possible that the latest Qt SDK 1.1 that includes the Qt Mobility 1.1.1 APIs did not really include the Camera APIs?
Did the developers forgot to include it into the Qt Mobility 1.1.1 APIs?