Discussion Board

DevCert Creation with ACS publisher Id not Working in Open Signed Offline

Hi All,
    I have been generating developer certificate with help of my existing ACS Publisher Id since last 8 months but after maintenance activity its not working when I am submitting my .csr file which is generated using developer certificate request tool for developer certificate it show below mentioned errors.

Request DevCert
    Your Open Signed Offline request has failed.
    There are several reasons why this may have happened:
    1. You did not use a Publisher ID to create the .csr file for this request
    2. Your Publisher ID was issued within the last 24 hours, please wait until 24 hours after the Publisher ID was issued before requesting
    3. Your Publisher ID is in a format that is not compatible,
    see this posting for more information.

I am sure my publisher id is not expired yet and also with same csr file I have generated devcert lots of time but its not working not

Thanks in Advance.
    Vijay

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: DevCert Creation with ACS publisher Id not Working in Open Signed Offline

Just re-check once. Basically double click the cer file to see its validity, and then on Developer certificate tool, do check that all details for the certificate are ok. And then of course you could try deleting the old csr and re-making it and trying again.

Thanks for Reply Symbianyucca,

I have already checked with validity of cer file and also i have generated new csr file with proper details but then also its not working in my case.

I get the same error:

Your Open Signed Offline request has failed.
    There are several reasons why this may have happened:

It was working fine couple of days ago.
    And I tried to recreate requerst several times.

Hi Symbianyucca,

I met same issue, Symbiansigned.org break down last days.
    Today it open again but service generate to csr not working.

Could I know when this server working?
    Thanks in advance.

Super Contributor

just guessing is the ACS certificate is still valid as i remember now you have to use TC certificate.

I just tried the same thing with a newly aquired TC cert - it does not work.
    If somebody from Nokia is reading these forums, this needs ot be fixed urgently!

Nokia Developer Expert

I am also facing the same problem. I have valid Publisher ID and I have generated Dev cert before also with the same cert. But every time it is giving me the same error.
    The publisher ID is recent and is correct (i.e. issued from TC)

Even I kept my old cert request and it is also not working... I think there is some issue with the site.... Is there a official channel where we can report this?

Well, if several people suddenly start having problems then its highly unlikely that cause is in their certs.
    Probability of someone pulling the plug on server side is much higher.
    I wonder is there anyone left to maintain the server....
    Several links in Symbian Signed already point into void.

Nokia Developer Moderator

I think some of you may not be aware that Symbian Signed service was transferred to Nokia just yesterday. This is exactly the root of all the problems you are facing today (yesterday the service was simply offline as I know, and the issues started by the end of last week actually).

In my interpretation the problem is in the communication from Nokia side. Random tweets, and some two-liners on the Symbian Signed site just were (and are) not enough.