Discussion Board

Question Advertising inside my App

Hello everybody!
    i wanna put ads in my free app but i don't know which advertising options or companies support NOKIA phones and ovi Apps.
    i think AdMob doesn't support ovi apps , am i right ?

Any other suggestions ?

Thanks in advance

Re: Advertising inside my App

I don't know about AdMob but I use innerActive. Most of the top games use their solution. I'm very pleased with the way they work, support work, respond times to questions etc. I recommend.

Is this worth while?
    I must admit I am a newcomer to deploying mobile applications and the revenue on my paid apps has been far less than expected.
    I wonder what kind of revenue having adds in a demo version could generate?
    How does it work, user clicks on add and developer gets a few cents? I assume?
    Thanks for any insight.
    Cheers,
    Jon

Same here Jon, I'm also a newcomer in mobile publishing... and same thing with the paid apps... revenues has been very low. I have tree games (free and paid = 6 items) with 4 star review averages so the quality of the games seems not to be the issue.

It works like you said; you implement an ad solution to your app/game and it shows ad's every now and then, and when people click some of the banners, it generates some cents to the developer.

It is impossible to estimate any revenues a free ad supported version (demo or full) would generate. As you can imagine many of the OVI users browse only 1 or 2 pages and leaves it to that. Same with the "new category", if your app is on the first page of new items, a free version will generate hundreds of downloads per day. But the problem with this "new items" list is that it does not work too well. My latest game was published yesterday and it generated a lot of downloads (which converts to nice income with innerActives solution) and today my game is on page 13 on the "new games"-list. There is 5 billion "talking heads" and other that obviously are not new games on the list.

If you get your app/game to hang on to the top positions on the lists, I am sure the game/app will generate a nice income to you when using a good ad solution.

Is it worth while? I honestly don't know yet, but I will keep using innerActives ad solution and I would like to believe that it is. It is just a matter of making a game that hangs on to those top places...
    Last edited by jetrix74; 2011-03-03 at 16:02. Reason: addition

Thanks for your insight jetrix!
    Cheers,
    Jon

You're welcome.

Thanks everybody

Quote Originally Posted by jetrix74 View Post
    I don't know about AdMob but I use innerActive. Most of the top games use their solution. I'm very pleased with the way they work, support work, respond times to questions etc. I recommend.

Hi jetrix74

Can you explain the code that you have to add to the application with innerActive?
    My application is made with QML

The SKD that comes from innerActive is nicely packed and well documented. You need to include 1 lib to your project after that it is a question of adding a few functions to your project and calling them on the right places. If you know only QML there will be a slight learning curve on how to add c funtions to your QML projects.