Discussion Board

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

LaunchPad approval - what is the timeline?

Hi, I applied for LaunchPad membership a week or so ago and have heard NOTHING from you guys regarding our application for this program. I realize that you guys are going thru a bit of a shake-up right now, but that should not stop you from approving new developers...after all, who do you think is going to help Nokia to survive long-term?

Please process our application soon. Thanks...rick

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: LaunchPad approval - what is the timeline?

You can find the numerical reasons in #35 of the neighboring thread, http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...ets-processed!

first, thanks for the very quick reply. From looking at the other thread (#35), the answer is very vague...is there really only one person at Nokia that can approve developer accounts, and does the approval process really grind to a halt if the responsible person is on vacation? I cannot remember the last time that I had a day off from my development work and I would assume that serious mobile developer programs will take a similar tack moving forward...guess you guys need to focus on the key word in the sentence, which was "serious".

thanks...rick

There is not much to say about that. If 2-3 applicants per week is the normal operation, 2000 applicants in two weeks certainly cause significant delays. That is 300-500 times more than normal.

ok, now that's totally understandable...thanks for that additional piece of info...I'll work hard to be patient...thanks...rick

still waiting for this approval...what is the timeline for getting this accomplished?

It is just speculation, but in the neighboring thread, user Xpmobile reports that today he has received the NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement), which seems to conclude the process. His first post in that thread is dated 25/02, almost two weeks ago. Based on this, I would expect that you will also get the notification this week. But again, this is just an estimation. I am not a member of FNL, so I am not familiar with the process.

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by rickdancer View Post
    still waiting for this approval...what is the timeline for getting this accomplished?
    There is a plan to send out a note to all applicants explaining the delays. I think businesses are given first priority so evenif someone submitted the same day as you, they may be processed a week or longer ahead of you.

Ron

Thanks for the update Ron. Like the other posters in this thread I applied for the launchpad program a few weeks back, and hadn't heard anything as of yet. Your post, and the note clarifying the situation, are/will be most welcome.

I would like to inquire on the status of our application as well. We submitted a request for LaunchPad membership on Feb 21.
    Thank you.

There are still over a thousand applications pending. (compared to the normal one or two a day). please be patient, as we work as hard as possible to process them all.

Could you please look up our membership application and please tell us where we are in the stack of folks waiting to be approved? Thanks...rick

Quote Originally Posted by rickdancer View Post
    Could you please look up our membership application and please tell us where we are in the stack of folks waiting to be approved? Thanks...rick
    I will not ask the team to do this and would recommend they ignore any e-mail asking "how long". This just extends the time it will take to process everyone. You have not and will not miss out on anything, everyone getting a device has been processed.

Ron

Nice attitude! Great customer focus! What a sweet person...feeling the love!

Super Contributor

Before this gets ugly: are you after the device or after access to the services?
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog