Discussion Board

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Regular Contributor

Re: How you promote your Ovi app?

16. On the app site it will be good to see total amount of downloads.

Angry Re: How you promote your Ovi app?

Quote Originally Posted by OviStewey View Post
    HI

The one thing you need to do is provide the necessary uploads for your content (screenshots of different sizes) that are optional when you upload content. These would be needed to promote your app.

Thanks
    Dear OviStewey,
    please note that in past year I uploaded banners and other screenshots many and many times for a great number of themes. All that themes sell very well, but no chance to see one of my banner.
    Publisher Support reply that "The content team decides by download number and performance when selecting a content item for spotlight promotion." and "We currently have Nokia OVI spotlight group which reviews all applications in the database regularly to decide which application is qualified, but please understand that not all publishers are guaranteed a spotlight".
    OK, but in daily use I had no banner and/or spotlight anycase, instead other publishers ( and here is better do not say any name) have spotlight every week! And this for months and months!
    Are they more gorgeous? more sly? more lucky? Or do they know the spotlight group?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by frau_brucher View Post
    Dear OviStewey,
    please note that in past year I uploaded banners and other screenshots many and many times for a great number of themes. All that themes sell very well, but no chance to see one of my banner.
    Publisher Support reply that "The content team decides by download number and performance when selecting a content item for spotlight promotion." and "We currently have Nokia OVI spotlight group which reviews all applications in the database regularly to decide which application is qualified, but please understand that not all publishers are guaranteed a spotlight".
    OK, but in daily use I had no banner and/or spotlight anycase, instead other publishers ( and here is better do not say any name) have spotlight every week! And this for months and months!
    Are they more gorgeous? more sly? more lucky? Or do they know the spotlight group?
    Hi,
    it probably has to do with internal politics. I am sorry, but I am very much in the same situation.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

And now no more answers from support. QED.