Discussion Board

Exclamation Do you have a plan to make built in flickable scrollbar in Qt SDK at all?

hello there,

i've been developing the symbian app using Qt and i wonder that will Nokia have a plan to make the scrollbar flickable at all?

i know about flickable class and flick charm class but it doesnt work well with an old nokia phone like N97 or 5800.
    because it's diffficult to detect whether the user click at the listview or not when i apply flickcharm class on listview since the feature is not built in.

please consider that if you want developer to still use Qt. and also QML is not available in ovi store yet. and my app could not wait for that.
    i really need the flickable feature to make the app perform better.

regards,

Super Contributor

Re: Do you have a plan to make built in flickable scrollbar in Qt SDK at all?

A big part of the problem is electrical. The resistive, pressure-sensitive touch screen of the N97 and it's technical relatives does not permit the same sensitivity and responsiveness as the capacitive touch screen on iPhone and most Android phones. I assume that newer Nokia phones will have capacitive touch screens, but I don't know that that will happen to any Qt models.

Nokia Developer Champion

hello thanyalukj

your should try using QtScroller from here. Its not that much good for S60 5th Edition, but it does the job better than any other classes available now.

thank you very much for your suggestion. i will give it a try

regards,

Super Contributor

Actually, I guess the E7 is Qt-enabled and capacitive touch. It should produce halfway reasonable "gesture" functionality.