Discussion Board

Retrieve mobile number from the client side not server side in S60 5th Symbian c++

HI,

Same old question about getting the own phone number (MSISDN) . can anybody check out and tell whether it is possible or not? Doesn't matter public or private api's. I want to know the possibilities as it is possible in other OS's like android ,Iphone and blackberry.

Regards,
    Stylofogg

Nokia Developer Expert

Re: Retrieve mobile number from the client side not server side in S60 5th Symbian c+

you could just search the older threads and see the answers. Basically there is an API that could read the number place from the SIM card, but as said also, the number in that place can be wrong, anf in most cases it is simple empty one, thus the API would not really help you at all.

Re: Retrieve mobile number from the client side not server side in S60 5th Symbian c+

No problem . I just want to try it out. Can u tell me what is the API and steps to be followed to get the mobile number.

Nokia Developer Expert

Quote Originally Posted by stylofogg View Post
    No problem . I just want to try it out. Can u tell me what is the API and steps to be followed to get the mobile number.
    You could check the older threads, they should identify the API. Anyway, as it is not available in public SDKs, you would not have access to the 5th ed version of the API, and if you would need access to it, you should open a paid technical support case, anyway, as said, it does not get the number in most of the cases.

anyway, you could always see whether the API is available with Symbian^3 sources, and then you could experiment with it on symbian^3 device.