Discussion Board

Whats wrong with Internet Radio?

Whats wrong with the application? Plz download it from here http://dj---wap.wapka.mobi/download-...4a/ira_EUA.jar and see the problem.

Its an Internet Radio for j2me phone. When I open it, it shows "application error". Plz anyone download it, then solve the problem and then upload it. Plz help me

Super Contributor

Re: Whats wrong with Internet Radio?

There must be some more details about the error you are getting, let us know.
    On which device are you testing the app?
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Super Contributor

Is that your own application or someone elses? I, for one, wouldn't blindly just hit a link and download an app that a stranger suggests I should download and try.

If it is your own application, then you could start with more details around the problem and the phone models you've tried the app on, how it works in the emulator, etc.

If it is not your app, then it is not likely that anyone can just download, fix it for your phone (without even knowing which manufacturer's phone you have, and what model) and upload it someplace for you. To really fix an app, if there's anything to fix, the .jar is not enough; one would need the original source code and other build files required to make the .jar file.

In all likelihood, the app is intended/designed for a phone model different from what you're trying to use it on. And if it is not your app, try contacting the original developer of the app and ask tem for help.

Its not my app, its an application of Nokia. And I'm testing it on my Nokia 2700c.

Nokia Developer Champion

If its a Nokia App, try to search it on OVI store download the matching build for your device.
    thanks,
    ~Amitabh
    (Champion of the Month -Aug'13)
    Follow me on my blog for Innovative Mobile Apps

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by Ssnigdho View Post
    Its not my app, its an application of Nokia. And I'm testing it on my Nokia 2700c.
    Well, your link does not work (doesn't lead to a .jar file directly at all), and if it is a Nokia developed app, it may not be intended for the 2700c model at all (hard to say without seeing the app), and Nokia probably has not permitted the site you link to to redistribute Nokia's applications in the first place.

Nokia Developer Moderator

I don't think that this site would have anything to do with Nokia. the site brings up SE device picture, as well as it is uisng domainsbyproxy.com for registrant. thus just contect the site owner instead.

Its not in Ovi store. I found that in a developer zone of Nokia.com. I forgot that address.

I downloaded it and found that its not working. Then I uploaded it to my wapsite. The download link leads to my site.

I'm very new to programming. You can call me Newbie. I don't know how to edit it. Plz anyone fix the problem.

Its not in Ovi store. I found that in a developer zone of Nokia.com. I forgot that address.

I downloaded it and found that its not working. Then I uploaded it to my wapsite. The download link leads to my site.

I'm very new to programming. You can call me Newbie. I don't know how to edit it. Plz anyone fix the problem.
    First thing you should learn is that you should not distribute application that you don't own, and to which you don't have permission from the original developer to distribute. Thus please locate the orginal file and see how actually developed it, and then ask from the original developer.

also if the application is distributed as sources, then do debug and see what is going wrong with it.

Alright. Here is the main page. Visit this page http://betalabs.nokia.com/apps/nokia...allation?all=1. You may not see it before login. Just visit that link and you will understand what I'm trying to understand you.

Fix the problem or make an Internet Radio for me.

I suppose your device is not Series 40 6th edition device: http://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/D...ilter2=s40_6ed

Super Contributor

The page says "The client is designed only for devices with Series 40 6th Edition (or above) operating system and portrait QVGA screen.".

The 2700c is based on Series 40 5th Edition Feature Pack 1, which is an older version of Series 40, and presumably that explains why the app doesn't work on your phone model. If you wish to use the app, get a new phone based on Series 40 6th Edition: https://www.forum.nokia.com/Devices/...ilter2=s40_6ed

There is no way for you to upgrade your 2700c to Series 40 6th Edition, and Nokia is not going to do it, either.

The application has a feature to hide and run in background. How can I add the same feature to another application?

Super Contributor

The application has a feature to hide and run in background. How can I add the same feature to another application?
    You too can run background app on all S60, recent S40 devices as well. You can try it by setting current displayable to null and keep some threads runing in background on these devices. Or press the Menu key and start another app, pushing the old runing app to background. search the web for more information. This link can also help you.
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,