Discussion Board

Regular Contributor

Angry OVI Store bestsellers list is wrong

Hi all

My app was in bestsellers list last few weeks in utilities section on 2-4 page for Nokia N97 and on 1-3 page for E5 phone. Today suddenly it fall down to e.g page 21 for N97 phone and to page 32 for E5 phone. Now my application in this list comes after some very unpopular utilities with one-two 1star comments. However the sales reports shows every day almost the same amount of sales. How is it possible??? Is it some usual "reset" happen in ovi database or is it nasty database bug which shuffled all the stuff? Should I contact ovi support or is it useless to write about this problem to them?

Re: OVI Store bestsellers list is wrong

the rating of apps != best seller list position so why do you assume your new position isnt based on them having higher sales figures than yours?
    also if im not mistaken the best seller list is not only based on phone model but also on your country so you could be in different positions based on the country you browse from.
    if you got a link to your app i can let you know what position you are in here.

Regular Contributor

Re: OVI Store bestsellers list is wrong

yes "the rating of apps != best seller list position" but it closely related.
    If you want to give wise answer here, better to tell me how Ovi Store count position in bestseller list?:
    1) each model has own list? or each platform has their own list? or is it one bestseller list for entire ovi store?
    2) is bestseller list rating based on number of downloads? or profit?
    3) what is the time range for "counters"? - 24 hours? week? billable period?
    4) is rating formula takes something from previous measurement periods?
    5) If there are 0 downloads for my application and 0 downloads for another, which will have higher position in the list? last added? alphabetical order?

Btw. Today my app is in best-sellers list for E5 on second page again! Funny?! Maybe I was lucky to get 1 download today against 0 downloads yesterday? :-)