Discussion Board

Receiving silent sms..Help please

Hi

I want to develop a stand alone application for my S60 phone such that it will receive the messages from a particular number in its memory that is it will not go to the inbox of the phone.

I have python 2.0 runtime and ScriptShell installed in my device.I also have Python For S60 1.04(5) also in ma E63 phone.

I have done it by saving the message and deleting it from the inbox.But this wont make the message reception silent.I want a silent message receiving tool.

Regards
    Simil

Regular Contributor

Re: Receiving silent sms..Help please

hello

Welcome to forum nokia DIBO...

First of all read wiki article based on python and sms like this
    nayan trivedi.

Yea I have gone through this article but it will take the message to inbox...I dont want that to happen.I want to snatch the sms before it gets into inbox.I have seen a silent sms application in Symbian C++.How can it be done in python?...Can I do it with the help of messaging module?

Super Contributor

Hi thanks a lot.I think this is what I am looking for..But I am new to python so can you please explain step by step how to install this module in my device.So that I can just import it in my application.It would be really helpfull.Hope to get a reply as soon as possible.

Super Contributor

I guess the installation discussion should continue here: http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/fo...e-smswatch-1.0

Hi Bogdan,

I am not getting any response in that thread that is why I am posting here.Sorry for that.

I think I found the solution but I still have some doubts need the guidance.I thought of doing the following:

-Download smswatch.pyd from the link provided i.e "http://code.google.com/p/smswatch/downloads/list".
    -Should I convert it into a .sisx file? If yes how to do it? I am converting my .py to .sis using application packager can the same be used for pyd to sisx conversion?
    -can I put this .sisx or .pyd directly to my phone and import it from my application?

Super Contributor

It makes no difference in which thread you post. If someone knows the answer they will reply where the question is. The idea is to have the discussion in one place so it's easy to follow. Also, since that's the thread where the extension was announces, the extension's creator might be monitoring it.