Discussion Board

Autostart application is slow

Hello,

I'm experimenting with automatic start of an application after phone restart. I'm using information from here:

Code:
    http://discussion.forum.nokia.com/forum/showthread.php?138079-Auto-Startup-Application-Signing!
    and here:
    Code:
    http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.php/How_to_autostart_an_application_on_boot_up_in_3rd-_Startup_List_Management_API
    It works fine, but the start is very slow. What I need to have is an application that starts immediately after the phone is started preventing user to do anything with the device before it's running. Is there a way of doing that? I'm talking about some priority settings or something like that.
    Thank you for reply.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Autostart application is slow

There's nothing much you can do. By design apps like yours are started only after phone's boot sequence is completed, and then of course other 3rd party applications added to the list before your app may be started first.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Other apps don't matter, I'm sure there will be no others. So if I do understand you right, I cannot do anything to force my app to be started during the phone boot, like before the main screen appears etc.

I have the same problem same solutions?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Autostart does what its name promises. It is not intended to provide some bullet-proof mechanism for disabling/locking the device.

Yes, but I do not understand why these changes have been included only now, changes that prevent the proper functions of applications that previously gave no trouble!!!!
    applications that had passed without any problem, the full Symbian certification.
    it bad

Your reply is to say:I promise I'll pay, after a year you ask me when you receive your money and i responce:I would say that TI I'm paying you not when!!!
    mmm

Old symbian OS from 2rd have this functionality and work fine app starts after 2-3 sec
    All android os version have this functionality and work fine app starts after 2-3 sec
    All Rim os version has thive functionality and work fine app starts after 2-3 sec
    Iphone os 4 version have this functionality and work fine app starts after 2-3 sec
    All old windows mobile (the 'least I do not know) have this functionality and work fine 2-3 sec

now new symbian version work but after 40-50 sec

I think the reason is this: too many bugs (app and os bug) make phone freeze and can lead to an infinite reboot the device so the solution more convenient was allow remove app before it starts automatically.

tx
    Last edited by gigik1980; 2012-03-22 at 13:17.