Discussion Board

Can't download -review

I once said, when this topic was discussed earlier, that it doesn't matter if there is one or two "can't download" -reviews among other reviews, but if your whole first review page looks like this:

1. ONE STAR: non si scarica (Italian and meaning "can't download")

2. ONE STAR: i can't download diz

3. ONE STAR: a me non mi si scarica !!!!! (again Italian and meaning "can't download")

4. TWO START: Error !? (I like this person, why 2 stars, nice pics?)

I can tell you that this really affects to the download rates.

The review should not be uset to tell people that you have messed up your phone so bad that you can't downlaod app's in to it. That is not reviewing!

Re: Can't download -review

The problem is, people don't fail to download an app, try another app in the Ovi Store, see that they're all failing and try again later. They write a bad review about that specific app. If the Ovi Store isn't going to fix it's reliability, they really should go through and delete reviews that aren't the app developers fault (and send a message to the reviewer explaining why it's been deleted).

We had an issue with Tweets60, our Twitter client, were we submitted an update, and a week later a really old version appeared in the Ovi Store (the version we submitted was correct, Ovi got it mixed up with one from their archives).

This old version was pre Twitter's OAuth login changes, so you couldn't actually login. We started getting support emails, noticed what had gone wrong and contacted Ovi. All in all there was 3-4 days were the version of our app downloaded from the Ovi Store didn't work, and Ovi freely admitted it was their fault. When we asked them to delete all the bad reviews we received during that period, they told us they actually couldn't.

Super Contributor

Common problem, in part caused by the GUI of the Ovi Store.

Has been discussed all over, live with it and astroturf is all you can do.
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Yep Tam, and then again it's the same to all of us, so a good app/game stands out anyway

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by jetrix74 View Post
    Yep Tam, and then again it's the same to all of us, so a good app/game stands out anyway
    Well. If it hits you the day the app goes up, it can do damage...
    The lines above are the best I have to offer.If anyone of you is of more advanced knowledge, I ask for your patience and understanding! - unknown arab poet
    http://www.tamoggemon.com - Symbian blog - Windows Phone blog
    My other blogs:
    webOS blog iPhone blog BlackBerry blog Samsung bada blog Android blog

Quote Originally Posted by tamhanna View Post
    Common problem, in part caused by the GUI of the Ovi Store.

Has been discussed all over, live with it and astroturf is all you can do.
    Yes, this has been discussed often. However, I feel we should keep on doing it until we see this issue fixed in Ovi Store! Perhaps I'm naive in thinking that if we developers are vocal enough about some issues, eventually someone who can do something about it will notice. After all, Nokia has been lately trying all kind of things to keep developers, so why wouldn't they make changes which developers want for Ovi Store?

On the other hand, if something is not talked about, it will give an impression that there is no issues with it. And when it comes to these "can't download/install reviews", there certainly is an issue which should have been already fixed long ago. So, instead of suffering in silence, I suggest that we keep on demanding this and bombard Ovi Publisher Support with emails concerning this issue.

Cheers
    http://www.ic-mobile.com/