I can't use wifi connection on my phones

It happen only with connection to company wifi AP

Wifi AP is configured with WPA security

AP is Zoneflex 7962
    www.ruckuswireless.com

All works fine with my home wifi AP evan with WPA

Super Contributor

Re: connection to wifi with WPA crash N8 E7

Check if there are firmware updates to the Zoneflex 7962 from its manufacturer (whomever it is), or what their support says about the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by petrib View Post
    Check if there are firmware updates to the Zoneflex 7962 from its manufacturer (whomever it is), or what their support says about the problem.
    I am not technical administrator of our wifi network, but this is problem with symbian wifi / wpa modules
    E72,C5 has same problem on our network
    let's say all WPA capable phones

Phone simple can't crash if I want to do any stuff on wifi.

Super Contributor

If WPA with those works on other access points than Zoneflex, but other phones with WPA work with Zoneflex, it couldl be a bug in all those phone models, but if could just as well be a Zoneflex bug that the WPA implementation on those phones exposes.

If WPA with those works on other access points than Zoneflex, but other phones with WPA work with Zoneflex, it couldl be a bug in all those phone models, but if could just as well be a Zoneflex bug that the WPA implementation on those phones exposes.
    some problem in wifi software can't crash software in phone. It simply can't.

It's like when you visit some web page and it crash OS on your computer. Its big security hole in browser and OS itself.

Nokia Developer Moderator

"Crash" is a bit over-used word in these boards. You have not described what happens and when.

Quote Originally Posted by wizard_hu_ View Post
    "Crash" is a bit over-used word in these boards. You have not described what happens and when.
    phone stop response on any key.
    display don't redraw.
    It's same behavior on all phones (N8, E7, E72, E5)

(Retired) Nokia Developer Admin.

Quote Originally Posted by xlazom00 View Post
    phone stop response on any key.
    display don't redraw.
    It's same behavior on all phones (N8, E7, E72, E5)
    And these phones only have one common denominator
    It happen only with connection to company wifi AP
    In America we have a saying, if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is probably a duck

Ron

Any idea where can I report this problem?

Super Contributor

Any idea where can I report this problem?
    http://support.ruckuswireless.com/contacts ;-)

As I said, this is not problem of wifi ap, it's nokia problem as phone stopped respond.

Super Contributor

As I said, this is not problem of wifi ap, it's nokia problem as phone stopped respond.
    It may seem that way, but it doesn't necessarily mean that it is.

For Nokia customer support in Slovakia, see http://www.nokia.sk/podpora-a-software/opytajte-sa

Actually, it might seem hard to believe, but I have also been having a problem with WPA-Enterprise on my N8. Some others also seem to have encountered it, I found some in this discussions thread: http://discussions.europe.nokia.com/.../780456/page/2

which is a bit mixed with people having different problems, but several instances reported of freezes when using WPA2. I've been experiencing it on our campus network (using Trapeze, now Juniper equipment), have looked at it with the network engineers, but there's not much to see from the network side. Authentication does work fine, the freeze/reboot just occurs after some period of data transfer.. The N8 certainly lasted a lot longer over on their test network, where there's much less traffic (and newer controller software), but it still crashed. To be clearer, after transferring some data, the phone seems to freeze totally. Sometimes it stays frozen, but usually after a minute or so, some kind of watchdog timer (maybe?) kicks in and reboots it. My gut feeling is it's a phone firmware bug, although certainly it could be on the network side. It's hard to know how one might investigate - if it is a bug, there has to be something happening on the network to trigger it, but that could be extremely hard to reproduce

In my case I've used an E72 on the same network without problems, and also before that used an E51, but oddly when I brought the E51 back into use (and after a firmware update and hard reset) it showed the same issue briefly. Unfortunately I don't know what I did to make the E51 work again, I've tried hard resets and many reconfigurations on the N8 without any improvement.

I just stumbled on this with google, and I strongly suspect this isn't the right place to look for help with this kind of issue, but it's not obvious where is - any pointers welcome!

Super Contributor

Could, indeed, be an issue with the hardware itself, or the software/firmware/drivers. In that case, it is something Nokia needs to address (hopefully a firmware update is enough).

As it is not public as to what bugs Nokia is working on, it is hard to se whether this is already known and possibly even fixed but not released yet, so the most one can do is to report the issue to the Nokia Customer Care and hope that they'll pass it on, and that it eventually gets addressed: http://europe.nokia.com/support/contact-us

Could, indeed, be an issue with the hardware itself, or the software/firmware/drivers. In that case, it is something Nokia needs to address (hopefully a firmware update is enough).

As it is not public as to what bugs Nokia is working on, it is hard to se whether this is already known and possibly even fixed but not released yet, so the most one can do is to report the issue to the Nokia Customer Care and hope that they'll pass it on, and that it eventually gets addressed: http://europe.nokia.com/support/contact-us
    Yes, I should first arrange a replacement phone to see if it could be a hardware issue. It doesn't "feel" like one but you can never tell. I may be being unfair, but I'm a little skeptical that Customer Care can make anything of this, they already suggested returning the unit to a repair center, but if this only happens on certain wireless networks I doubt they will be able to reproduce it. I'll correspond with them some more and see. The N8 has current PR1.2 firmware but I guess there will be a new version out shortly.

One always hopes, that posting problems in places ike this, someone internal to Nokia may notice something and take an interest. A slim chance indeed, among the array of possibly crackpot complaints (and I could be in that category too, but obviously I myself don't think so!).

Graham