Discussion Board

Question How to close database opened with openDatabaseSync ?

Hello.

I'm populating a list view's model from a JavaScript function in QML by reading a database. The database is being opened using the openDatabaseSync function, and everything seems to be working fine, but I am not closing it, and I'm a little concerned about that.

I have searched the web and the forums looking for the appropriate way to close databases that were opened with this function, but I don't seem to find any answer.

Even the Offline Storage API documentation doesn't mention anything related to closing the databases, and all QML examples I have seen don't close the database after using it.

Do you know if there is a need to explicitly close databases opened with openDatabaseSync ?
    If not, when are they closed ? If yes, how ?

Any comments or answers really appreciated.

Thanks.

p.d. I have noticed that this forum (Qt Quick) don't get much participation. Why is that ?
    -CarlosDL

Smile Re: How to close database opened with openDatabaseSync ?

Quote Originally Posted by cadlg View Post
    Hello.

I'm populating a list view's model from a JavaScript function in QML by reading a database. The database is being opened using the openDatabaseSync function, and everything seems to be working fine, but I am not closing it, and I'm a little concerned about that.

I have searched the web and the forums looking for the appropriate way to close databases that were opened with this function, but I don't seem to find any answer.

Even the Offline Storage API documentation doesn't mention anything related to closing the databases, and all QML examples I have seen don't close the database after using it.

Do you know if there is a need to explicitly close databases opened with openDatabaseSync ?
    If not, when are they closed ? If yes, how ?

Any comments or answers really appreciated.

Thanks.

p.d. I have noticed that this forum (Qt Quick) don't get much participation. Why is that ?

Hi ,

You need not have to worry about closing the database, AFAIK , it gets closed, when the variable goes out of scope.
    Hope this helps

Re: How to close database opened with openDatabaseSync ?

Quote Originally Posted by anwarkhan_a View Post
    Hi ,

You need not have to worry about closing the database, AFAIK , it gets closed, when the variable goes out of scope.
    Hope this helps
    Thanks anwarkhan_a, that was my suspicion, but I wasn't able to confirm it (didn't find any official documentation related to this).
    -CarlosDL