Discussion Board

What do I submit to the Ovi Store for a Qt application? Signing confusion.

Hello,

I have a Qt application, developed using the Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2. I want to make use of the Ovi Publish free signing. My app does not use anything higher than User level Capabilities.

The front page of the Ovi Store Publishing site says:
    "Once you have completed your development and testing of your apps, upload the unsigned version to Ovi Publish using the Nokia provided UID – Only this UID will be accepted for unsigned content."

Which of these should I submit?
    1) Unsigned myapp.sis
    2) Wrap my unsigned app into an unsigned SmartInstaller sis? So myapp_installer.sis
    3) Something else?

#1 makes the most sense to me (Ovi Store will sign myapp.sis and also wrap it with SmartInstaller and then sign myapp_installer.sis for me). But there is so much information out there that I am thoroughly confused.

Thanks for your help

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: What do I submit to the Ovi Store for a Qt application? Signing confusion.

#1 would make sense but only if we assume that you don't want/need to do any customization to the smart installer wrapper, such as defining the platform dependencies and setting your own customized and localized vendor name.
    What the Ovi Store expects in fact is #2, but the file can also be signed with your Ovi provided developer certificate. Detailed step by step packaging instructions are available at http://doc.qt.nokia.com/smart-installer/index.html
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Re: What do I submit to the Ovi Store for a Qt application? Signing confusion.

Thank you for your reply. I have indeed read through the link you provided, but have had some problem with the "make release-gcce" step. It seems to be generating moc files that contain code that I wrapped up in "#ifdef (QT_DEBUG)". It does not do this when I build using Qt Creator. I'd love to figure out why, but I don't have enough time at the moment.

It sounds like I can:
    1) Build with Qt Creator (I'm using the version of Qt Creator packaged with Nokia Qt SDK 1.0.2)
    2) Remove the certificate by running "signsis -u Your_SelfSigned_App.sis Your_Unsigned_App.sis"
    3) Wrap the unsigned .sis in the smartinstaller, making sure that it is also unsigned
    4) Submit the myapp_installer.sis

Is that reasonable? Thanks again for your help.