Discussion Board

Silent Install Returns KSWInstErrSecurityFailure on S60 3.2

Hi Everybody.

I'm using the silent install example http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...silentinst.zip with S60 3rd FP2 1.1 SDK and an S60 3.2 phone (6790 Surge).

I've been having a couple problems.

I inferred from the source code that it wants to download the sisx file from a website prior to installation, so I signed the included siltest.sis with my cert17 certificate (has TrustedUI) and posted a copy on my personal site, and changed the _LIT containing the URL in the SilentInstEngine.cpp ..

I signed the silent install app with the same certificate.. so I should be able to use any capabilities except DRM, ALLFILES, and TCB.

When I choose download&install in the demo app, a dialog pops up saying it downloaded the file to e:\download .. the same kind of dialog that would have popped up if I had downloaded the sisx using the browser. So that is problem #1: I expected the download to be silent, and it wasn't.

After that, the program crashed with KERN-EXEC 3.

I read that one possible fix for this is to increase the stacksize in the mmp file, so I added "EPOCSTACKSIZE 0x5000" and indeed, it stopped crashing with that error, but my sis file wasnt getting installed.

I then decided to bypass the download part and just try the install, so I copied my sisx to the phone at a known location and added an "Install" menu option that simply calls the SilInstall() member of the install engine.

The part where the magic is supposed to happen:

iOptions.iUpgrade = SwiUI::EPolicyNotAllowed;
    iOptions.iOCSP = SwiUI::EPolicyNotAllowed;
    iOptions.iDrive = 'C';
    iOptions.iUntrusted = SwiUI::EPolicyNotAllowed;
    iOptions.iCapabilities = SwiUI::EPolicyNotAllowed;
    iOptionsPckg = iOptions;
    iLauncher.SilentInstall(waiter->iStatus,FName,iOptionsPckg);
    waiter->Execute();
    CleanupStack::PopAndDestroy( waiter );

after that code executes, waiter->iStatus.Int() is -30475 which is KSWInstErrSecurityFailure . Since then, I have tried installing to E instead of C with the same result. I have also tried setting iOptions.iUntrusted to SwiUI::EPolicyAllowed, and no luck there either.

Finally, I tried both of the above, and tried to install Nokia's CameraWrapper.sisx which happens to be signed with all capabilities, and not even that one would install! I always get the same KSWInstErrSecurityFailure error.

Can anyone provide some insight into this issue?

Thanks,
    Craig

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Silent Install Returns KSWInstErrSecurityFailure on S60 3.2

You could try a non-silent install, just to see if the messages say something useful.

Re: Silent Install Returns KSWInstErrSecurityFailure on S60 3.2

UPDATE:

I got the install to work by setting iOptions.iCapabilities = SwiUI::EPolicyAllowed;

That wouldn't suppress the download dialog, but I don't need that functionality at this point anyway. If I did though, I think I could download the file silently using an http session.