Discussion Board

Not work battery indicator sample

Hi!
    i have installed Nokia QT SDK, latest version 1.0.2, on Windows.
    I want to make an application for learning so try'it example with battery indicator from application help.
    I do anything on IDE, and work well on QT simulator. Install on my phone without any error (Nokia 5228 with Symbian S60 5th Edition, qt_installer, qtmobility), but when i run my application, all the time show 100% for battery level.
    Key line in application are this:
    Code:
    deviceInfo = new QSystemDeviceInfo(this);
    ui->batteryLevelBar->setValue(deviceInfo->batteryLevel());
    What it's wrong?
    Phone battery charge indicator show maximum number of lines, but it's charged few days ago, so it's impossibil to have 100%.

Re: Not work battery indicator sample

Ok, an little change the behavior of my application. Now indicate 85% level of charge.
    It's strange that this value not change several hours.
    I don't know, why not work. I think it's something about Capabilities, but not shure.
    Does anyone have any ideas?

Nokia Developer Moderator

ouw wiki: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...n_API_-_Part_1 suggest that the API would need ReadDeviceData, though the battery monitoring part on Symbian does not require any capability, and therefor I'm not certain whether adding the capability would really help.

I make two applications. One without Capabilities invoked and another with Capabilities like in your reply (i found that page few days ago), and signed on Open Signed Online Service.
    Same result with both.
    Later i install Nokia Battery Monitor 1.3 from Ovi store, and seem to indicate more precise but not shure, because within 12 hours of unused phone, battery life has not changed. That it's a bit strange.
    Anyway i want an application that can be configured to alert me when battery go to low from specific level. So i don't know if Qt SDK it's an good choice.
    I don't know how it's made Nokia Monitor Metter, if use Ot SDK or Symbian C++ SDK.

Nokia Developer Moderator

it propably uses Symbian C++ APIs, CTelephony would have the functionality in it: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...ith_CTelephony