Discussion Board

Failed due to "Certificate error"

I targeted Symbian 3 and S60 5th series phones with my new game. Today it got published but it's available only for Symbian 3 devices. It failed S60 devices and the reason was:

SUMMARY: Error message "Certificate error. Contact the application supplier." pops up at installation.

I can't figure out what did I do wrong? Any Ideas?

P.S. I used certificate and key dating 12-31-2010

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: Failed due to "Certificate error"

Try it out on a device that it is failing and then see what is actully happening when it is installed into the 5th ed devices. Also you can use signsis on command line to inpect the certificate used for singing the sis file.

all and all, what kind of certificate are you using for the singings ?

I used the certificate and key pair Nokia sent me. Also the UIDs are from Nokia, since I use the Nokias free signing. I did everything the same way I did last time when I succesfully published a game. This is actually my 4th game. Is it possible that something went wrong at Nokias end?

Nokia Developer Moderator

possibly, I would just add a comment on the signing used there, and re-submit to QA, as you are using the Nokia developer certificate, the "Certificate error. Contact the application supplier." should not be your problem. Though you could always re-check the sis file to see that there are no additional certificates present in the sis file, though, if it really passed symbian^3, that should not be a problem really.

Thank you yucca, I used the signsis to check that everything was in order. I also rebuilt the sis using the same cert and key, added the comment and resubmitted the sis. As you said, since it passed for S 3, the file should ok. Anyways, thanks again.