Discussion Board

Hybrid View

Publish Qt 4.7.2 application

Hi,

I finished my Qt application for Symbian and want to publish it to OVI store.
    I also want to participate in the "Calling All Inovators 10M" contest which ends next week.

According to the contest website applications developed with Qt SDK 1.1 Beta and Qt 4.7.2 can be submitted.
    My question is: how?

As far as i know Smart Installer does not support Qt 4.7.2. at the moment. So what executable do I have to upload to Ovi store?
    Just the bare application.sis file with the developer certificate or the completely unsigned application_unsigned.sis?

When trying to use Smart Installer (via Qt Creator checkbox) and with the developer certificate I get an application_installer.sis. Shall I submit this although it produces an error on my Nokia N8 when trying to install it ("Device not supported").

Thanks for any quick help.

frsc

Re: Publish Qt 4.7.2 application

You have to wait for Qt SDK release. To that moment, Ovi Store have to add Qt 4.7.2 support
    Symbian & Qt developer. http://vladest.org

"According to the contest website applications developed with Qt SDK 1.1 Beta and Qt 4.7.2 can be submitted" If that is the case, maybe the app/game is supposed to be sent to Nokia by using the field that let's you include media to the application on the "Calling All Inovators 10M" page. As for the signing, I would send different versions and include a .txt file explaining the situation. This is just a wild guess..

Thanks for your ideas. Maybe someone who has something more than a guess?

Quote from the contest website:
    New! (3/1/11) Qt SDK 1.1 Beta available and apps are eligible for the contest

Qt SDK 1.1 Beta apps are eligible and are now being accepted into the contest. Qt SDK 1.1 Beta apps will be accepted into the Ovi Publish intake system and will receive a special acknowledgement advising that the app has been received and will be held for publishing until commercial availability of the SDK.
    What file do I need to submit?

More speculation for you
    Considering Ovi only accepts Qt apps wrpped in the installer, and considering the COI newsletter says that the submited apps will be deployed to the store once the 4.7.2 is released, I would say that your only option is to wrap it in the current smart installer (0.46) for submission just like any other Qt app.
    Cheers,
    Jon

I got a reply fromt the OVI Team and they say exactly what Jon stated below.
    You need to wrap your application with the current installer and they wait until their servers support the new version and then start the testing.