Discussion Board

Question hello, I want to send an SMS to an SMS server but I do not know the number of SMS ser

hello, I want to send an SMS to an SMS server but I do not know the number of SMS server
    is that localhost is the number of this gateway?

Super Contributor

Re: hello, I want to send an SMS to an SMS server but I do not know the number of SMS

Are you talking about the SMS-C (Short Message Service Center, the "SMS gateway") number of a particular network operator (= service provider, = carrier)?

If so, you don't need to know the SMS-C number. You just need to know the recipients phone number, and let the device handle the rest (assuming the phone has been correctly configured either manually or through picking up the info from the SIM card, and that the SIM account/subscriber is allowed to send SMS in the first place).

Example code on how to send SMS from Java in, e.g., the wiki: http://wiki.forum.nokia.com/index.ph...SMS_in_Java_ME

Re: hello, I want to send an SMS to an SMS server but I do not know the number of SMS

Please I made ​​a mistake instead of writing number, I write nomber
    (number of SMS-C) I have designated
    ok?

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by mohamed2011 View Post
    hello, I want to send an SMS to an SMS server but I do not know the number of SMS server
    is that localhost is the number of this gateway?
    You can also send the SMS to the specific port and let the SMSC listen the same port for any SMS. Then you can move forward accordingly,
    Thanks with Regards,

R a j - The K e r n e l

Join Delhi-NCR Nokia Developer's Community,

Super Contributor

Quote Originally Posted by quyenhong View Post
    I think some of the sms server is subject to sms service provider for you and your country! when I checked on the phone, it changes the network service provider
    The SMS-C ("message center") number is always network operator (carrier, service provider, SIM card) specific. A network operator can, of course, have several SMS-C's. Usually the correct SMS-C to use is predefined in the SIM card, and the phone detects it automatically, and it does not need to be set manually.

In any case, from Java there is no way to access/see/read/modify the SMS-C number, or even to find out if it is set or not. All you can do is to send an SMS and get back a success or failure status.