×

Discussion Board

Results 1 to 2 of 2
  1. #1
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2

    carbide 4.0 error packaging process skin_compiler.exe (access denied)

    Installed carbide ui 4.0. Started creating a s60 5th theme, tried creating a package to test the
    theme half way. Got this error: The following error occurred in the packaging process:
    java.io.filenotfoundexception: C:\program files...nokia......\skin_compiler.exe (access is denied).

    It seems that the file is missing. I searched for it in my pc but cannot find it. I tried reinstalling
    carbide several times. Still no skin_compiler.exe
    Tried looking for it on the net, nokia, carbide, forum, etc...... still no luck.

    Could someone please help and tell me how to get this skin_compiler.exe file?

  2. #2
    Nokia Developer Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Tampere, Finland
    Posts
    11,355

    Re: carbide 4.0 error packaging process skin_compiler.exe (access denied)

    Quote Originally Posted by philh View Post
    Installed carbide ui 4.0. Started creating a s60 5th theme, tried creating a package to test the
    theme half way. Got this error: The following error occurred in the packaging process:
    java.io.filenotfoundexception: C:\program files...nokia......\skin_compiler.exe (access is denied).
    I'm a bit suspicions about this "(access is denied)" status. Could it be that the file exists but the OS or some anti-virus application does not give you access to it?

    Quote Originally Posted by philh View Post
    It seems that the file is missing. I searched for it in my pc but cannot find it. I tried reinstalling
    carbide several times. Still no skin_compiler.exe
    Tried looking for it on the net, nokia, carbide, forum, etc...... still no luck.
    In the error message above you have been told the path where the file should be. If it is not there, then there's no point of searching for it somewhere else. Certainly you should not be looking for the file in random internet forums or download it from untrusted sites.

    Quote Originally Posted by philh View Post
    Could someone please help and tell me how to get this skin_compiler.exe file?
    You have found a bug in Carbide.ui and reported it here, which is the correct location. Your reports has been hereby acknowledged and you will receive soon our advice on how to solve the problem.
    -- Lucian

    If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite

Similar Threads

  1. Error in packaging process :(
    By a-eqla3 in forum Carbide.c++ IDE and plug-ins (Closed)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 2008-07-24, 20:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •