Discussion Board

carbide 4.0 error packaging process skin_compiler.exe (access denied)

Installed carbide ui 4.0. Started creating a s60 5th theme, tried creating a package to test the
    theme half way. Got this error: The following error occurred in the packaging process:
    java.io.filenotfoundexception: C:\program files...nokia......\skin_compiler.exe (access is denied).

It seems that the file is missing. I searched for it in my pc but cannot find it. I tried reinstalling
    carbide several times. Still no skin_compiler.exe
    Tried looking for it on the net, nokia, carbide, forum, etc...... still no luck.

Could someone please help and tell me how to get this skin_compiler.exe file?

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: carbide 4.0 error packaging process skin_compiler.exe (access denied)

Quote Originally Posted by philh View Post
    Installed carbide ui 4.0. Started creating a s60 5th theme, tried creating a package to test the
    theme half way. Got this error: The following error occurred in the packaging process:
    java.io.filenotfoundexception: C:\program files...nokia......\skin_compiler.exe (access is denied).
    I'm a bit suspicions about this "(access is denied)" status. Could it be that the file exists but the OS or some anti-virus application does not give you access to it?

It seems that the file is missing. I searched for it in my pc but cannot find it. I tried reinstalling
    carbide several times. Still no skin_compiler.exe
    Tried looking for it on the net, nokia, carbide, forum, etc...... still no luck.
    In the error message above you have been told the path where the file should be. If it is not there, then there's no point of searching for it somewhere else. Certainly you should not be looking for the file in random internet forums or download it from untrusted sites.

Could someone please help and tell me how to get this skin_compiler.exe file?
    You have found a bug in Carbide.ui and reported it here, which is the correct location. Your reports has been hereby acknowledged and you will receive soon our advice on how to solve the problem.
    -- Lucian

If you are not yet a DVLUP member it is time to correct that mistake :) Click here to join: http://www.dvlup.com/lucian/Invite