Discussion Board

JSON parsing in QT?

Hi

Sorry for intervening in the thread. I have to parse a network reply that come in JSON format. I have seen the link here. and the link here states that i need to download json from the link provided here and point my Qt creator IDE to the .pro file. But, the download does not contain any .pro file. can anyone tell me where to get the qjson api zip file. I am using Qt 4.7.2 SDK version 1.1 (technology preview) for symbian^3 (E7)on windows OS. May be I am missing a very simple thing.

Thanks in advance.

JSON parsing in QT?

Hi

I have to parse a network reply that come in JSON format. I have seen the link here. and the link here states that i need to download json from the link provided here and point my Qt creator IDE to the .pro file. But, the download does not contain any .pro file. can anyone tell me where to get the qjson api zip file. I am using Qt 4.7.2 SDK version 1.1 (technology preview) for symbian^3 (E7)on windows OS.Hope i made myself clear. May be I am missing a very simple thing.

Thanks in advance.

Nokia Developer Champion

Re: JSON parsing in QT?

If you have the source files (which would amount to 1-2K lines of code) then just copy them into your project and compile them with everything else.

Or you can write your own JSON parser -- takes maybe 2-4 hours.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Is it legal to embed LGPL code inside your application? I think it's not, is it?
    QJason build system is CMake based then .pro file is missing. A simple "qmake -project" should be able to create it.

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: How to implement QJson Library in Qt project?

QJson seems to use cmake instead of qmake, so you should use cmake command instead of qmake command to configure project. You can do it by tweaking Qt Creator project configuration as well.

Nokia Developer Champion

The only distinction would be if you're using a dll (or equivalent) or not. If you use a static lib it's indistinguishable from having compiled and linked as part of your project.

Hi,

You can use a standard Qt library. You must add script module to .pro file. On this site you found some example: http://qtwiki.org/Parsing_JSON_with_...ard_QT_library

It's working on E7
    Last edited by MegaStar; 2011-03-29 at 00:40.

One option is to use some simple and easy to use JSON library like json-cpp. I have just added its files to Qt project and it compiles and works just fine on any target I have tried so far and that includes Symbian, Maemo, Windows, Mac and Linux.