Discussion Board

Post 2nd Edition Express signing

Hi,

2nd edition playing games with me.
    I have search a lot in wiki, do not know the exact procedure of signing.... what i get from the wiki discussions everyone says procedure is same for the signing of 2nd edition as exactly as the signing of 3rd edition,
    Problems i am facing:-
    1)by searching i get to know signsis method is not there in 2nd edition, we digitally sign the sis by adding a line
    *"abc.key","abc.cer" and get .sis file by the command makesis....done this but i have checked with 2 different certificates.
    Suppose cer1 and cer2(cer2 is not for the target phone)....i have used both certificate one by one and result i have got is they both installs, no problem in installation whereas certificate 2 is not for the target.
    2)if this was not the problem then is it true we have to submit the sis file genrated by the makesis command to the express signing process.

Correct me if i am wrong , or please give me some suggestions..

Thanks,
    Sunil Bhardwaj

Nokia Developer Moderator

Re: 2nd Edition Express signing

What kind of certificate have you tried? Probably they accept anything they recognize. S60 2nd edition devices are pretty low on safety/security features.
    It is doubtful that there would be express signing for S60 2nd edition. Honestly said, it is not sure that there is any kind of signing (there was, 3-4 years ago, but it may have phased out for a long time - there were at least 2 major changes in Symbian Signed, like the change from VeriSign to TrustCenter, and the recent transfer to Nokia, none of these changes are related directly to S60 2nd edition, but both of them are big enough to include dropping of support).

thanks for the reply wizard..
    What kind of certificate have you tried?
    Certificates related to IMEI number(this is used for the testing purpose only, not for express signing), cer1 have the IMEI number of target mobile and cer2 have not.cer2 related sis should give the certificate error.
    Probably they accept anything they recognize.
    ok if this is the case.
    it is not sure that there is any kind of signing
    What should i do wizard, i have to remove the warnings..whom to contact...please suggest me

Nokia Developer Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by sunil304047 View Post
    Certificates related to IMEI number(this is used for the testing purpose only, not for express signing), cer1 have the IMEI number of target mobile and cer2 have not.cer2 related sis should give the certificate error.
    I think these are the details what S60 2nd edition devices do not know about. They probably see that the certification chain is fine, and accept it. The IMEI restriction probably appears as some kind of extension, and it is ignored by the devices.
    What should i do wizard, i have to remove the warnings..whom to contact...please suggest me
    I do not understand this part, so far I thought that the warnings are removed by your certificates.